Sorry, last time I'll ask - just need to be sure!

M

mjcmommy114

I need to be sure of something before I buy the Ody over the Sienna. I presently have two "deals on the table" and the money factor is just about the same.

1. Can I safely install a Wizard ff and a Regent (when he outgrows the WZ) in the passenger side Capt chair when it is pushed toward the middle WITH THE SEATBELT? He is 43 pounds si I cannot use latch.

2. Can I safely tether a Boulevard rf in the drivers side Capt chair in a way that is approved by Britax and Honda.

3. Sienna has 4 star for driver frontal crash and Ody has 5. Does this make Ody safer for my kids or just for the driver.

4. Would you rather have the Ody with 5 stars all around or the Sienna where one child can truly be in the middle and one passenger side outboard.

Question # 4 is what is really bugging me. I like the idea of my son who is ff being in the middle and my baby who is rf being passenger side as I know that this side is hit slightly less. Does this compesate for the one less star or is it better to have the 5 stars.

Thank so much. I have to decide by tomorrow and I am making myself nuts.

Thanks !

ADS

steph

I can't answer all your questions but I can answer
2 and 4

2. I know the BV can be tethered in the Ody rf.

4. Personally if you are getting a 2007 I would go with the Ody, it's listed in the top 2% for safety. For the 2008's the Ody is still ranked higher but the Sienna is at least in the top 10%
http://www.informedforlife.org

It wouldn't bother me because if you slide the seat over in the Honda it is in the center and just by design the middle row seats in minivans aren't butted up against the door
HTH

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I need to be sure of something before I buy the Ody over the Sienna. I presently have two "deals on the table" and the money factor is just about the same.

1. Can I safely install a Wizard ff and a Regent (when he outgrows the WZ) in the passenger side Capt chair when it is pushed toward the middle WITH THE SEATBELT? He is 43 pounds si I cannot use latch.

2. Can I safely tether a Boulevard rf in the drivers side Capt chair in a way that is approved by Britax and Honda.

3. Sienna has 4 star for driver frontal crash and Ody has 5. Does this make Ody safer for my kids or just for the driver.

4. Would you rather have the Ody with 5 stars all around or the Sienna where one child can truly be in the middle and one passenger side outboard.

Question # 4 is what is really bugging me. I like the idea of my son who is ff being in the middle and my baby who is rf being passenger side as I know that this side is hit slightly less. Does this compesate for the one less star or is it better to have the 5 stars.

Thank so much. I have to decide by tomorrow and I am making myself nuts.

Thanks !

1- Never tried it this way, but I'd guess it can be done

2- Lovinwaves has a great photo article in the Safety Articles forum on RF tethering for the 2nd row seats in the Odyssey

3- Slightly safer for you, and eventually your kids when they start driving;-)

4- I wouldn't base the decision on these factors only. Both models are very safe and these differences aren't all that significant.

My review might interest you also:
http://www.epinions.com/content_208641101444

lovinwaves

I'd say at this point go for whichever is cheaper :D

I would be pretty darn happy that you are at LEAST getting one or the other ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC