Recaro replacing Como because of harness

niccig

Just wanted to let everyone know what was resolved. I can't find the post I originally made about this.

The harness slipped off the splitter plate and DH drove home with DS strapped in by one strap. He said he didn't want to mess with MY seat, how difficult would it have been to uninstall, see how the working strap was connected, and hook the other one up!

Anyway, I digress. I emailed Katherine at Recaro as suggested in another thread about this same problem. I told her that I knew it was a known problem from posts on this board, and that it had been fixed in seats more recently manufactured, so I wanted a replacement.

She sent an email 2 days later, telling me she needs the number on the seat and my address and they'll send me a new one.

I'll of course take pics of the old v new splittler plate - and there better be a difference! And while I'm at it, the locking clips - my seat was one of the first ones made, so it doesn't lock, not an issue in our cars, but I'll see if it's better too.

Nicci

ADS

niccig

I wonder if they would replace mine as well?

They should. There was no fuss at all. I did bypass the phone, but that was because I can't talk due to vocal cord injury. I emailed Katherine directly. Her email was in another post about this problem. If you want, wait until I get mine and I'll update if the splitter plate is any better. Then you know if it's worth doing or not.

niccig

they not only replaced mine for me, but they upgraded it to a signo :whistle:

I thought about that. I first got the Como because I was worried about the wings being too close. We have a Blvd and Safeguard, and no problem with those, but the Signo seems more confining. This seat is for DH's car, and he wants the exact same seat, minus the splitter plate issue. He really likes the smooth pull of the harness adjuster. I did ask for a different colour - cobalt blue, as that's what we initially wanted but couldn't get last year. We'll see what we get.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC