Switching Latch connectors on MA

CaraMia

I got my 2 new MA from Target today :). But they are very different from seats that I have previously used.

One of the seats will be installed RF, the other will be FF. I am incredibly confused right now about the latch connectors. When the seat arrives, are the latch connectors in the RF or FF position? Do the connectors slide along the latch bar to get from RF to FF? What's the point of the threading the connectors through each other. The pictures in the manual have made me more confused than anything! Help!

ADS

Mama!

Go to the Britax website.

http://www.britaxusa.com/

At the bottom, click installation videos.

Find your seat, and click the right video. (It actually says "Switching Latch connectors WITH latch bar"

Basically, you want the red release button facing OUT when you connect the seat to the vehicle seat. To do that, you sometimes need to switch them around.

So you slide both connectors to the front of the seat. Cross them through each other.

I can get pics of it on my Signo if you'd like. If it'd help.

Mama!

The video says they are shipped ready for REAR FACING INSTALL.

So you need to switch one set to FF install mode.

You need to lift the cover to see the date info.

Or there are clocks on the back like this:
Jan1007862.jpg

crunchierthanthou

The dials are for the shell only. They are usually pretty close to the DOM on the sticker, but don't correspond exactly.

I've never had to lift the cover at all to see the sticker. :confused: It's on the outside of the shell. I know on older ones it is under the cover near the harness adjuster, but new ones are easily accessible.

Well the cover sits over the sticker (mine is on the side of the shell too) but the cover sits over it, so either need to pull it off a little, or grip it towards the seat.

The shell dates show month and year, so shouldn't be too out from the seat date.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC