Wow, my dh is really on board!

Gsanmb

So, I am going to take a cpst course as soon as I can work one into my schedule that doesn't meet on Saturdays.

Anyway, dh is used to my "obsessions." Like, when I had issues with nursing and started going to LLL meetings and then became a leader and then spent several years (and still do) answering phone calls...

I always seem to have to carry my, uh, research interests to a higher level.

On the other hand, we live in a community which on the face of it should be able to support (afford), in general, good safety seat habits. but the habits are ATROCIOUS.

So I want to step into the breach. Anyway, dh thinks it's a great idea. He is very supportive! I think he can relate in a way he never could, so much, with nursing. :p

He's a surgeon. When he was training, he saw too many tragic results of people who made terrible decisions about (not) restraining their children properly :(. He doesn't mind my constant fiddling with the seats in the car, and he doesn't roll his eyes anymore when I tighten the harness after he does it. :rolleyes:

ADS

Gsanmb

Yeah, I was excited because he usually just kind of goes along and doesn't say much about it. He's happy that I have my hobbies/interests/obsessions :eek: but doesn't comment all that much.

On this though, he actually voiced active support. It was nice to hear. :thumbsup:

Although he did say that he thinks I won't endear too many to me by telling them (when they come for a check at some point!) they need to actually use a carseat properly. (gently of course).

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am fortunate that we own a auto body shop and DH has been dealing with crashed vehicles since 1978 when his Dad opened the shop. DH also races a latemodel stockcar, so he know what it is like to hit a wall in a 5 point harness and knows he would never want to do that with a seatbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC