The Cold Seat...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've heard of them or something similar. I have an ice pack I keep in the car. If it's awful out we'll pop it and get it cold before we get out of the car.

Wendy

USmominOz

Has anyone tried using a towel or similar over the seat and does it keep it cooler?

I have to do that for ds seat, I find that if my car is in the sun her seat (Regent Onyx) gets very hot. I am waiting for a new cover to replace it. I never had a problem w/ any of my other seats.
But the towel does help.

Wineaux

While not available in the cute print, they are available at www.babydagny.com in 1 and 2-packs. Here, they are called Car Seat Chiller's. It's a pretty neat concept. Just keep it in a cooler in the car, drape it over the car seat when you first open the door, and then while you are wrangling with the stroller and such it quickly cools down the seat and buckles. Remember, a lot of the cheap seats we talk about here are nothing more than a little bit of thin cloth, very little padding, and then just black/dk blue plastic. Dark colors absorb heat really well, and you can bet those seats are getting HOT when the temp inside your car starts spiking well over 150 degrees. I live in the deep south, and keep dancing around buying one for DS. I'll probably get one as we get closer to summer around here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC