recall on Toyota Sienna vans

Tracy

CPST Instructor
I wanted to post this recall. I don't have a Sienna, but thought it was of interest:

Toyota to Recall Sienna Minivans
Wednesday July 20, 3:47 pm ET
By Ken Thomas, Associated Press Writer
Toyota to Recall Sienna Minivans Because the Seat Belt May Become Difficult to Retract

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Toyota Motor Co. said Wednesday it would recall 345,000 Sienna minivans because the seat belt in some seating positions may become difficult to retract when unbuckled.
The company said there was a possibility the shoulder portion of the seat belt in the middle row seats may get stuck in a plastic piece that the belt glides through, binding it up and making it difficult to put it on or take it off, said spokeswoman Allison Takahashi.

The voluntary recall in the United States involves Siennas from the 2004 and 2005 model years. The company had received 14 complaints but there have been no accidents or injuries from the problem, Takahashi said.

The problem has affected the right side chair in the middle row of the seven-passenger model and the center seating position in the second bench seat in eight-passenger models.

The company will notify owners beginning in mid-August. They will be told to contact their local dealer to replace the seat belt piece, known as a bezel. The repair will be free.

Toyota was also recalling about 2,500 Tundra Access Cab pickup trucks from the 2005 model year because the wrong lens was installed over a light that glows when the front passenger air bag has been activated or deactivated. As a result, passengers could not monitor its status.

That recall is also expected to begin in mid-August and owners will not be charged for the upgrade.

In August 2003, Toyota recalled more than 30,000 Sienna minivans from the 2004 model year because of concern that the fuel tank was prone to damage and could cause a fire.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Is there a way I can send the original post to my in-laws who have a 2005 Sienna? I see that they will be notified by Toyota but they travel back and forth between several homes and mail can be tricky. I'd like to give them a 'heads up'. Thanks, C.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC