FPSVD cover

cryswilkins

My FPSVD cover is ripping. I have only had it since October. My mom has the manual, do I call Britax about that?

***UPDATE***

I called today and they are sending me a new cover, and I will have to ship the old one back to them. That to me seems silly, what do they want a ripped cover for a seat that they don't even make anymore for? Whatever. I just am glad that they HAD a cover to replace it with.

Last edited:
ADS

Simplysomething

My FPSVD cover is ripping. I have only had it since October. My mom has the manual, do I call Britax about that?

The number they give in the manual is 1-866-204-1665 (and then gives the Britax address. If that number doesn't work, I'd definitely call the proper Britax phone number.

NOAHSMOM

The number in the manual transfers you over to Britax after the initical computerized voice states FP. I went through this back in July over my FPSVD cover. It was a long battle, but eventually I was sent two new covers (I have 2 seats).

PixieEMT

It's actually Britax you contact. We had a problem with the harness fraying on our FPSVD (circus dots) back in October.
If you call FP they will give you the same number that is in the manual to contact Britax.
Our seat had a DOM of 5/06. We used it about 10 months before the harness started fraying on the R side and harness adjuster strap.
They have no replacement parts for the FPSVD so they replaced our seat with a MA at no additional cost.

Good Luck HTH

cryswilkins

The number in the manual transfers you over to Britax after the initical computerized voice states FP. I went through this back in July over my FPSVD cover. It was a long battle, but eventually I was sent two new covers (I have 2 seats).

Thanks, I will call tomorrow, I waited too long now. I am POed. This seat BARLEY gets used. I hope that it doesn't turn into a big issue.

May I ask how you finally got them to replace them?

NOAHSMOM

Thanks, I will call tomorrow, I waited too long now. I am POed. This seat BARLEY gets used. I hope that it doesn't turn into a big issue.

May I ask how you finally got them to replace them?

I just kept calling and eventually I spoke with the right person. The first person was not helpful, the second person put in an order for 2 circus dot covers that never came, the 3rd and perhaps 4th promised to take care of it and call back and never did, and the last promised results and a few days later they came. MY DOM's are 7/06, so they were a yr old but only used a few months when I called.

It would have been nice to be like PixieEMT and recieve a MA for a FPSVD though! I am planning on selling my FP's next month to fund GN's, if I decide to I won't need my not yet used cover anymore and since it was free to me.....PM me next month if you still need a FP cover and I'll let you know if I made my GN decision.

MommyBoha

It's actually Britax you contact. We had a problem with the harness fraying on our FPSVD (circus dots) back in October.
If you call FP they will give you the same number that is in the manual to contact Britax.
Our seat had a DOM of 5/06. We used it about 10 months before the harness started fraying on the R side and harness adjuster strap.
They have no replacement parts for the FPSVD so they replaced our seat with a MA at no additional cost.

Good Luck HTH

Wow!! They sent you a MA? Did you get to choose your cover? Hmmmm Maybe I need to inspect my FPSVD? LOL!!:whistle: Kidding!!

cryswilkins

I just kept calling and eventually I spoke with the right person. The first person was not helpful, the second person put in an order for 2 circus dot covers that never came, the 3rd and perhaps 4th promised to take care of it and call back and never did, and the last promised results and a few days later they came. MY DOM's are 7/06, so they were a yr old but only used a few months when I called.

It would have been nice to be like PixieEMT and recieve a MA for a FPSVD though! I am planning on selling my FP's next month to fund GN's, if I decide to I won't need my not yet used cover anymore and since it was free to me.....PM me next month if you still need a FP cover and I'll let you know if I made my GN decision.

Wow thanks! I will keep that in mind.

laurenrachey

Put me second in line on that one!!!! Assuming the OP gets hers replaced. We have that same cover also.

I can't believe they replaced it with a marathon. That's awesome!

NOAHSMOM

Keeping calling though, they stated that they did not have anymore covers and magically two covers appeared on my doorstep a few days later. It is still me belief that they should stand behind their product, these seats retail for $200 and are supose to last 6 yrs, so if the cover can't last more than a few months something is wrong imo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC