I can't believe it.

hsjwmom

So. I am getting in the car with the girls to drive through for some food. I'm watching dd1 get in her Regent for some reason, and what do I see? Her seat MOVE. Just a little, so I tell her to get out for a minute. Guess what I DON'T see. A seatbelt holding the seat in. :eek: The only thing holding her Regent in was the top tether. :eek: I'm guessing it got unbuckled by accident because the girls are always stuffing things in the narrow space between their seats. I can't help but wonder how long it has been like that!!

So I had to reinstall the Beast, enormously pregnant bulk and all. By myself, in the dark, with the girls waiting. Thank goodness it was the older Regent and that I'm pretty good at the LBP. I didn't have to strain too much.

ADS
Holy ****! Thank God you noticed. I am gonna start checking mine everyday. Scary. :eek:

That's what I was thinking too, but didn't want to say it out loud :)

I always give my seats a wiggle when I am in the car, even when they are not restraining a child. I also have a cover over one of the belts (or i did!).

LuvBug

eek!! This happened to my sis!!

The good thing about the regent and LBP, at least in my car, is if it becomes unbuckled it is obvious that it is! I always make sure to check.

hsjwmom

Thing is, it really only moved a little... I really don't know WHY I noticed at all. You better believe I'll be checking everytime now! I'm glad dd2 is still light enough that we have her seat in with LATCH. Little chance of HERS coming undone!

LuvBug: I think the reason I didn't ever notice the seatbelt NOT being there is that our seatbelts blend really well with the tan on the Blue Bouquet cover. That's my best guess anyway!

NVMBR02

Yikes! :eek:

I am going to have to remember to check our carseats when we are in dh's car, since he doesn't have LATCH.

vamom

This has happened to me, I am ashamed to say, a few times. A few cars back, I believe the dog would accidently undue teh seatbelt when cleaning up crumbs. But I did catch it as I checked the seat frequently, and then everytime after my first heartattack.

HEVY

Happen to me too, I only noticed cause I opened the side the buckle was on (rarely do that). Seat didn't even move when she went in, don't even know how long it was like that.

mish

I don't think this has happened to me, but one time I did get somewhere and realize I hadn't strapped my son in his seat. It was an infant seat and had been attached to the stroller. I took the seat off the stroller, put it in the base, and off we went. When we go home (30 miles later) I realized he wasn't strapped in. I cried.

JoyJoy

How scarey. That is one reason I love Latch so much. Too bad all cars didn't have it. Before we had Latch in the car that happened before too. I was always checking.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC