EPS foam

ADS

HEVY

That was my original pick, but after I saw the pics with the child in it I knew my dd would never fit in it. Does the Regent have EPS foam? I heard it was comfy.

That was my original pick, but after I saw the pics with the child in it I knew my dd would never fit in it. Does the Regent have EPS foam? I heard it was comfy.

I don't think so, the shell is blow moulded not plastic like the Marathon.

The radian has a good chunk of EPS also. Evenflo Triumpf? advance does too.

vamom

I have a husky, the seat before the regent, looks pretty much the same. Britax told me it was the same, but recently it came out that it had some "enhancements". Anyway, my seat has a full layer of white styrofoam looking stuff (eps, maybe) and a full layer of soft grey foam, then a very cushy denim cotton cover. It is super comfy, and my son loves it.

I also have the radian 65, graco nautilas, evenflo truimph (original), and several cheaper seats. Nothing compares to the husky in our family's opinion.

It is big, but that makes it even more comfy for ds. I drive a prius, so I have a small car. I recently drove 10+ hours with two other adults, ds in husky, dog in immi harness, and a week's worth of winter provisions!!

natysr

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question. But I wanted to point out that having EPS has nothing to do with the comfort of the seat. The EPS is designed to add extra protection to the head in the event of an accident. Just like a bicycle helmet.

The cushiness of a seat will come from comfort padding either between the seat shell and the cover and/or sewn into the cover itself.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Where are pictures with a child in a Compass True Fit?

ETA: nevermind I just found it! I think it looks great!

southpawboston

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question. But I wanted to point out that having EPS has nothing to do with the comfort of the seat. The EPS is designed to add extra protection to the head in the event of an accident. Just like a bicycle helmet.

The cushiness of a seat will come from comfort padding either between the seat shell and the cover and/or sewn into the cover itself.

exactly. EPS is not "comfy". it doesn't have significant compression (except upon impact), whereas comfort foam does.

HEVY

I'm gonna get a Regent and was hoping it had both eps and comfort (I know they're separate). Well actually wondering if it had eps period and how much, and was also wondering if it was comfy as well. I should have been more clear when I posted this. But thanks for all your replies. I remember when eps was a big thing in advertising but I thought it was for Britax car seats. Anyone know how good the side impact is on this seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If the Regent doesn't have EPS (I'm not sure if it does, Britax flip flops putting it in their other seats this size), then it is structured in a way that does the same job as EPS, so either way it's fine. As for SIP, it's great, any 5 pt harness is, whether or not there are big headwings. As for comfy, most kids find it absolutely wonderful... my dd's maybe the only one who's ever complained about the lack of sleep support :eek:...the butt and back comfiness is never a complaint that I've ever seen :thumbsup:

natysr

Their website says that it has "EPS protective foam liner" and "High density comfort foam".

The information is found on the website under Products --> Regent --> Product Demo --> Specs

Also, page 12 of the users guide online has a photo of the seat without the cover. You can see the comfort foam, and the outline of the EPS foam around it.

As far as comfort, I haven't heard of anyone saying their child is uncomfortable in the seat. Did you ask your daughter how she felt when she sat in it? You may want to take her back to the store to try it again. In the picture you posted a while back, it looked like she was slouching. Her butt didn't look to be all the way to the back of the seat.

jools is right, any 5 point harness seat will offer more SIP than a booster seat.

Last edited:

HEVY

Yes in the pic she was sliding which was my biggest concern and I think I asked about it. The seat doesn't look like an L, it seems the back is more at a slant. Maybe it's the way they had it on the seat. LOL as for my daughter's opinion anything new is GREAT! I been over that website over and over again, I think I'm just stressed hoping I made the right decsion. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC