Seriously irritated with this Nautilus chase

twinsplusthree

So, we are in desperate need of a new carseat for my 4 YO. Seriously, yesterday my DH accidentally took kiddo's seat to work with him in his car and I had to choose between the backless booster or the goodness-knows-how-old Cosco POS with the super low harness height in the garage. The one I was going to destroy, but didn't have the right tools. I had to use one to get the other kids to school, so I chose the old 5 pt harness over the BB.

This can't go on!

So, last night I see online that Walmart has the Nautilus in stock online and at a semi-local walmart B&M store. I call this morning to the store and can't get anyone in the infants' section to pick up. So, I take my chances. After two other people can't help me find it and I am left alone in the aisle with Kiddo and twins (not pretty) forEVER, I ask a tech sales lady to help me. She pulls the department manager out of her meeting to ask her about it! The Manager said that they are not instock and will not be until later in the month.

I checked online this morning just now and they are not instock. GGGRRRRR.....I hate dealing with walmart anyway and have spent more time in a walmart in the last few weeks looking for this darned carseat than I have in my entire adult existence! NO MORE! I'm just going to wait for Goore's to get it in -- March, I think. I'll just keep praying nothing happens to kiddo in his POS evenflo chase (shudder) until I can either get the Nautilus or the Compass Tru Fit for him.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
You can go online at walmart.com and order the Nautilus to be shipped to the closest WalMart.

And... as much as I hate the idea of a 4-year-old in a backless booster, I think it's a better choice than an outgrown and possibly expired seat.

Mama2J

It is in stock online at WM now! Order it Site to Store to ship to your WM! I did that this morning and will have one in 10-14 days. I hear ya on the Cosco outgrown seats. That is what we have in dh's car and I've become more and more uncomfortable with it, as I don't want to use it as a booster. I just hope dh goes for the GN.

my3girls

Not trying to threadjack, but today when I spotted the GN in stock online, it's all I could do to NOT add it to my cart!! Oh and BTW, when balancing my checkbook online this morning I discovered I was -$17.52, so it's not like I can even have it :( I'll bring it up to dh again that I could try to ebay the cover of our MA (dragonfly couture which he picked out and LOVES) and see how close I get to $150!! :D My dd is basically even with 2nd from the top slots after she "settles", but we're using the top slots. Plus it's NEW and I want to fondle it for awhile, plus I'm insanely addicted and promised myself I wouldn't spend forever online today ooogling over carseats, I'm just sick, it's a disease I tell you! I did get my carpets vacuumed, so I don't totally suck, but still, I'm a mess, that's all, thanks for listening!! :sorry!:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You can also preorder it from amazon if you feel ok waiting. It'll be available 2/25.

Wendy

labdogs42

I just returned one to Wal Mart in Allentown, PA if you're anywhere nearby!! They even had a couple on the shelf, too!

jwren

this is exactly why I am already going to pre-order the Britax Frontier... I can already see this happening with that seat, so I am going to get in there and get one asap..:rolleyes:;)

IsasMom

I just returned one to Wal Mart in Allentown, PA if you're anywhere nearby!! They even had a couple on the shelf, too!

Wow!
I'm nearby! I'm not in the market for a Nautilus until at least June, though...
Just thought I'd threadjack and say hi to a local mama!

amy919

Ugh - I'm tempted to drive the hour to get one. I called yesterday and they said they have several in stock. I just have no time to get there! I wish they'd ship to a closer store, but they won't :(.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
this is exactly why I am already going to pre-order the Britax Frontier... I can already see this happening with that seat, so I am going to get in there and get one asap..:rolleyes:;)

I believe you have quite thoroughly established that you will be pre-ordering the Britax Frontier. Please; it doesn't now need to be posted on every thread involving other high weight harness seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC