Four carseats & the airport....again

diaperjoys

I posted a question on this awhile back, and ya'll were most helpful! Thank you so very much! We got lots of great ideas.

We've decided we need to just use the seats we have, though the idea of the lightweight Scenera is truly tempting. However, the DS#1 has already outgrown the Scenera, DS#2 barely fits ff, and DS#3 barely fits rf. So that would be $80 down the drain. :(

So instead we bought a used stroller, and a luggage cart. I took seats out of the car and started playing with the stroller one night, and was astonished....thought others might be interested too.

Here's some pictures:

This is the stroller. It's a Joovy, which is similar to a Sit-n-Stand.
100_0546.jpg

Decided to try the Snugride in it first of all, and it fit in there nice and solidly.

100_0548.jpg

Then I thought I'd just see what else might be able to fit there...
100_0544.jpg

The MA fit fine! Not wobble or precarious feeling at all. I was amazed. At first I was a little concerned it it might tip backwards once the seat was actually occupied, even thought it didn't feel particularly tippy. But then I discovered I could still use the stroller strap if I threaded it through the rf beltpath.

100_0545.jpg

Then I discovered I could actually get a second MA on there. It fits right down between all the bars, and is completely boxed in, so no chance of scooting out anywhere. A VERY upright seat, but, I don't think the kiddo will mind. There is a handy strap I can run behind that seat too, but I really don't think it will add to the security of the seat in any way.

100_0542.jpg

The kiddos were exited to try it out the next morning. They just crossed their legs, and didn't seem to mind sharing space. Might be bothersome if they were wearing shoes, but we have nighttime flights, so they will be traveling in their jammies. Sorry the picture is so dark.

100_0551.jpg

I wouldn't want to go cruising the neighborhood and take on curbs with this setup. However, I think it will be perfect for the airport. In particular, when we have to change planes in the middle of the night and the little guys are just too droopy to walk. The third MA will be strapped onto the luggage cart, and it shouldn't be too hard to carry the Snugride and sling the baby. Once we get to the gate, we thought we'd take all the kids out, stack the MA's onto the luggage cart, and I'd go on board as close to the front of the line as I can get, while Papa stays at the very end of the line with the stroller and all the children.

Last edited:
ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Not all of your pics showed up :(. It wounds like you made it work. Did you not know you were buying a caboose?

Chameleon

I see them all. Looks great! I think it's a great idea. Infact I did that with one of my FPSVD seats and just a regular stroller, same concept though. It got me throught the airport just fine. :thumbsup:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, awesome!! That looks like a fantastic idea. You are going to be one sight heading through the airport.

Wendy

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Wow! I know what I'm buying if I have to fly again before Nadia turns 7 (my older two fit in their MAs until age 7). Thanks for sharing the pictures; they're very helpful!

Hehe! I did that with the old school snap-n-go and the Century convertible seat - fitted so well. I must try the MA on it! :) And the Radian!
I have holidays soon so I can have lots of fun.

MommyofBoogieBear

i know this was a post from a while ago...but I am still using it as a reference. we will soon be traveling with three seats and kids. now my only question is...was it impossible to push????? or was it easy to push???

hockeywoman

Not to speak for the OP, but we're planning to do this in a couple weeks with our 4 kiddos. The two who will be in the stroller are 37# and 32#. And I didn't find it very difficult to push at all.

MommyofBoogieBear

ok, i was curious. thanks. it looks so perfect!!! then i got to thinking...hmm....maybe with weight in it...it is hard to push/steer. thanks! wow! with four as well...good luck!!! post when you get back and let us know how it went!!! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC