How Often are tech classes offered?

anna'smommy+1

Hi, I'm new here. My name is Brandi and I have been reading for a few months and have learned so much from this site and have become very addicted. I finally decided to join. I have 1 dd who just turned 2 and is erf. We have another little one on the way in early May.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how often tech classes are offered. I am sure it varies depending on where you live and the demand, but thought maybe someone could give me an estimate. I recently decided that it is something that I really would love to do and managed to convince dh. I found a class that would be perfect, I would only need a sitter for a few hours on a Friday and then just give up a little time with dh and dd. I think this would definitely be worth it though. The only problem is it starts 10 days before my due date. So I will either have a very small nursing baby or be extremely pregnant and uncomfortable.

Thanks for your help,
Brandi

ADS

minismom

Hi Brandi, Welcome!

I have no idea how often the same class repeats itself. Perhaps you could call the instructor and ask. It could be just once a year, or they could not even know. But there could be other classes nearby that will open later.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the class so close to your due date. From what I understand if you have to drop out in the middle you loose all fees and would have to repeat the entire course again, even if you only miss the last day. Plus, there are parts of the class that are very hands on, like practicing on seats and such, that might not be a good idea to do when your 9mo pregnant.

I hope you figure it out and find another class at a more convinient time. Good luck!

anna'smommy+1

Thanks for your reply.

I don't plan to take the one in April. I was so excited when I found it, thought I would have to drive 2 or more hours to one. Then I saw the date and was disappointed. I am hoping they will have another one sometime this fall. I really don't want to wait a year.

Brandi

crunchierthanthou

My state has them three times a year- April, June and August.

Make sure when you're searching that you click the controlled courses box. You can often still get in if there is space.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC