Portland MA question

cryswilkins

Is it an all plush cover? Or is the center all plasticy like the Onyx?

They are on sale for $219 right now, but if its not all plush I will spend the extra $10 for Olivia.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

it's plush all over. I'm not sure how you feel about pink, but portland is not a cute cover. I'd probably pay $10 for an Olivia (or order from the current Target.com sale. it would be about the same price with the AAA code and you'd have a bigger selection).

Here's a picture of the portland-

portland.jpg

excuse the rest of what's going on. it the only close-up of the cover I have in my photobucket. It was to demostrate the pinch test and I didn't want to share ds's face where I was posting it. :eek:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I would go with the Olivia. It's really a pretty cover and it is actually softer than the Ashley Floral. We have both covers and I like the Olivia better.

crunchierthanthou

It's in the thread I linked to. You register at the AAA site (free, and you don't need to be a member), it redirects you to target and automatically takes 10% off your order. Some posters were getting MAs for $218, which is cheaper than even the Portland at Albee Baby.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35089

I bought the Portland because it was cheap and last summer the only other sale option was Erin. I ended up buying a second cover as a back-up. It was microdot tan on sale at one step ahead and I bought the comfort pads from a poster here. Now I use the microdot tan one full time, but still don't love it. I could have had my pick of covers for about the same total, but now I have two that I don't love. I guess the upside is I have two covers (even if they're somewhere between blah and ugly ;) ).

melniemi

I just ordered a brooke from target with the aaa code and it was $218 after MI tax.

Or you could wait 2 weeks for the Britax sale and get whichever you want for $209 if they are priced like last time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC