Combi Zeus

Dillipop

I was in BRU today buying Gilbey's triumph advance and they had this seat on the bench.

IMG_2592.jpg

What a cool seat! Too bad it is rfing to 22 and ffing to 40. I was talking to the guy and saying that combi missed the boat on this one. I would pay the $300 price tag on this in a second if it rfed to at least 33 and ffed to 50 (and had the slots to do it.)

The lockoffs look fantastic. The rotation of the seat is cool (no uninstalling to change the seat from rfing to ffing and you can rotate the seat to the side to get the kid out.)

If anyone is in the area, this seat was an online return to the BRU in North Attleboro, Mass. The guy thinks he'll have it for a while, since he doesn't think it will sell. He might even end up sending it back to the manufacturer if it doesn't sell.

ADS

khiggins

Its funny, I was at a baby boutique yesterday and the saleschick was raving about it. I mentioned the low weights and she said, "well, you turn them after they weigh 20 lbs anyway, so that isn't a big deal." I countered with, "My son was 22lbs at 3 months, are you saying that I should have turned him FF at that age?" Well, no, but...

It is a pretty slick seat, but its just too bad that its so limited.

(On a side note, my daughter kept trying to crawl into the BV because it was "her seat" and the same chick had to ask me how to adjust the headrest on the BV. I showed her the knobs and explained the benefit of the infinite harness and how you never have to rethread the harness, and she looked a little surprised and confused. I gave up. Stick to hooter hiders and grocery shop cart covers....)

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
In the Chat we had with the Combi rep, she said that they're going to start making the Zeus with a RF limit of 30 (which is still too low, IMO), but at least they're working on it. The change won't be retroactive, though.

It's also not FAA-approved, which is a bummer.

crunchierthanthou

It does look cool and they had a good concept. It's too bad it's the least usable, yet by far most expensive 40 convertible on the market. :thumbsdown:

nylle

Yeah, when the sales manager visited us he said that they knew they needed to up the limits, but they needed to sell what they had to fund the r & d. Whatever. We're still not carrying it...I'm not willing to sell a seat to someone who may be put in the position of having to either turn their baby too early or spending MORE money on a new seat. $300 is a lot to spend on a low weight seat.

Could be cool, but not yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC