Expired Seats

libranbutterfly

I went to a local Peddler’s Mall today and was appalled by the amount of expired car seats I saw for sale, and even a couple in use.
The worst one was a Snugli brand carrier, I’m guessing from the late eighties. It only had a waist and crotch straps. It said on the bottom not to use it as a car seat, but the seller had included a pic of her baby riding in it in the car and said that it worked great. The same seller also had a Kolcraft Rock n Ride car seat, Manufactured in November of 1993.
Another booth had a 3 pt discovery man. in 2002 and a 5 pt snugride from 99, both priced at $25!
There were also a couple more 99 snugrides, and a couple more discoverys, and a Century Smart Fit that I couldn’t find a date on. I left information for all of the sellers about the danger of expired car seats, and also left info in each of the seats. I also left info for the people who had previously had a few t shields for sale, even though the seats were gone. I hope next time I go there aren’t any expired seats.
Also when we were leaving I saw a 2 week old in a century seat of some kind (expired I assume since century has been gone for quite a while) and a 18 month old in a Tshield. Both of them had brand new strollers, though (like the graco one that comes with a travel system)?!?! Their 9ish sister (the first owner of the seats?) squeezed in between them with the lap belt. Another family opened the camper of their truck and had the two schoolage children and a 4-5 yr old sit in the back of the truck.

Also yesterday at Wal-mart, someone had a seat I didn’t recognize. Is had a really faded, old looking green cover, and a movable headrest. It reminded me a bit of the peg infant seat, but the cover shouldn‘t be that worn out, should it? I didn’t get a good look at the handle. Any ideas? What is the site that has the photo database of all seats? Thanks!!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC