how do you secure cargo on SUV???

minismom

yes, I'm getting the XC90. You guys already all know about it, cause I can't stop talking about it! LOL

It's my first SUV and I'm concerned about cargo. Volvo said they sell a net, and I remember someone here mentioning they have a net. Is that the best solution and how exactly does it work? I can't quite picture it...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My net is one where things go under it and you cinch it tight. It just holds them down.

I also have a cover, though I don't trust it to stop anything heavy. But I pull it across sometimes (right now it's in my garage). My cargo net is tiny.

When I have something big that honestly concerns me, or something small that can go flying, like cans from the grocery store, I put them right behind the back seat. That way they cannot come forward in a collision, they're compartmentalized in the back. They may roll back on rebound, but that's fine. If we're rear ended they'll move away from the back seat, but then the rebound probably won't get them over the back seat. The only thing that really scares me is rollovers. Other than having a factory installed grate between you and your truck there's not much you can do about stuff back there that doesn't fit under the net in a rollover.

Here, this is what a cargo net is and does.

2535cargo%20net%20pack%20200pix%20at%2072dpi.jpg

Wendy

Ali

When DDs seat was RF in the center of our CRV, I worried more (because there is no headrest in the center). Now that she's FF, I don't worry as much since her MA sits up so high. Whenever I take the big jogger stroller, I do cambuckle (ratchet type buckles I got at WM) it down. Usually all that's back there is my bag of emergency clothes and my sleeping bag.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC