Have you noticed how many adults are improperly restrained?

musicmaj

I have been noticing lately that a lot of adults have head rests that are too low, loose seatbelts (or no seatbelts), lap belt too high because they haven't bothered to place it correctly when fastening the belt.

I think that adults need some education on keeping themselves safe in the car too.

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
I agree, I notice this all the time. I've had to remind a couple of passengers to put the lap belt on their hips ( a few had it on their stomachs ).

LuvBug

When a parent comes to a check we educate them on their own safety as well as their child's. Everyone I know has had the lecture on proper restraint for adults ;)

JoyJoy

I know I see a lot of them not even using a seat belt. I always do. I am paranoid because I am so short. I like my seat as far away from the air bag. I don't know why that scares me. I lower the shoulder belt thing to the lowest so its not on my neck. I always inforce sitting up. My teen likes to recline but I told her not allowed here. She is a foster. But I told her she can't recline her seat while we take her somewhere. She now sits up too. Oh my friends laughed at me once too because I buckled up in a limo ride. I still buckled up anyway.

wondering1

I noticed around here that the higher the vehicle is up off the ground, the less likely they are to be wearing seatbelts.

southpawboston

oy. you should see people in NH. you'd swear darwin must have lived there. there is no law requiring seatbelts past age 18. and truly 1/2 the adult population over 18 doesn't wear them. i've noticed this many times.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Yep. Most of the ones around here are either no seatbelt or the seatbelt is under their arm(the older ladies tend to do that the most for some reason).

munchkin

I like the newer cars I see with the seat belt wrapped around the back of the drivers seat (and I am guessing belted in) to turn the seat belt reminder chime off. Safe!

minismom

I agree, I notice this all the time. I've had to remind a couple of passengers to put the lap belt on their hips ( a few had it on their stomachs ).

Humm, can u teach me how to do this? I always feel the belt rides up my stomach... and no one responded to my "should I use a booster" thread! :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC