should I sell by Bugaboo to get the UppaBaby Vista?

minismom

What do you all think? I've been ok with thr Bugaboo, but usually we stroll in the neighborhood and I don't have to put it in and out of the car. When I do, I hate it though! Taking the seat off is a pain and I can never getit fold fast enough... This summer we're moving to a house up the hills and it's too steep to stroll around, other than my own backyard. So we'll probably be driving with it more. I've heard the Vista folds easier, is that true? I know it's heavier, but is it too heavy?

If you think I should sell the Bubagoo, how much should I ask? I bought it 6 months ago but have used it for less than that, it's in great shape. It's a black Frog.

Thanks!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got the Vista and it is easy to fold. Also, contrary to what the instructions say, you CAN fold it with the seat RF. You just have to full recline the seat first and it will have a longer fold. (FF you have the seat completely upright for folding).

I've used a Cameleon and the Vista, I didn't notice a weight difference (the Frog is a tad lighter than the Cameleon I believe?).

Is it only the folding you don't like about your Frog? or are they are other things? What DO you like about it? One thing REALLY liked about the Bugs is that they have a really nice, upright seating position that DD loves. The Vista's is slightly reclined and DD sits forward of the seat so she can be more upright. I also LOVE the reversible handle of the Bug. It's so great when you have the seat RF and you go into a coffee shop or restaurant, you can pull baby up to the table, and flip the handle out of your way!

Some great things about the Vista over the Bug, the shopping basket is HUGE. The bumper bar is removable on either side so you can pop it off to make it easier to get a child in. The height adjustable handle is WAY easier to use than the Cameleon's. You just push in a button and move it to where you want it, so easily done while swapping pushers on a walk. The Vista seat is larger than the Frog's, more comparable to the Cameleon.

kimogilvie

They are pretty similar, IMO....but I came down to deciding between the two and picked the Vista (so I'll have a little bias). I love the EVA tires on it....still very easy to push and no possible flats or filling up with air. I love how high up the seat sits. I love that it folds with the seat RF-ing and FF-ing (and still fits in my car). I find the fold mechanism very easy. If you don't have an SUV or car with large trunk - and stroll with the seat facing you, you'll have to take the seat off to turn it around anyway to fold it. The basket is HUGE - like Graco huge. I didn't really notice any huge weight differences between the two.

minismom

thanks guys! I'm planning on going to a store and checking out the Vista in person this week. I'm a little bummed to hear the upright position is not that upright, as dd really likes to sit up. But I'll try it and maybe she'll like it.

What I don't like about the Frog is the fold (it's not so bad but would be so much simpler not to have to remove the seat), the canopy sometimes gets stuck and having to switch the fabric for the bassinet. I heard that on the Vista you don't have to do that. We're trying for another baby and I figure when there's two kids I might wanna switch frequently between the bassinet for baby and seat for dd. I suppose the downside of that is that the bassinet probably takes more room to store?

Any thoughts on how much I can ask for the Frog? I'll try Craigslist and a local mom's email group so we don't have to deal with shipping.

kimogilvie

Ever think about the Skate? You'd be going up in money, and weight...but it does fold wiht the seat on FF-ing and RF-ing...and better than switching fabrics, you don't even have to switch seats for the bassinet....the main seat just converts to a bassinet - so less to store in your car.

kimogilvie

I'm pretty sure it's the same....but not positive - so I'll explain the vista seat. It's a bucket seat - all one unit. When you recline the seat, the whol eseat moves. So, when it's all the way reclined, the back is level with the ground, but the child would still be in a sitting position on their back. Think a kid sitting in a car seat, and then lying the car seat on the cround so the kid is looking up at the sky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC