How many of you have had Britax replace covers?

ADS

TXAggieTech

They have replaced 4 out of over 30 seats. 2 were MA handfulls that were getting tiny holes along the top, a little over a year old. 1 Parkway new, small tear and 1 Regent new, small tear.

The MAs I didn't ask them to, she just offered. They were the first Britax I ever bought and the customer service that day is probably one of the reason I have been so drawn to Britax.

ZephyrBlue

I had them replace a BV cover that developed holes in just the plush part of the fabric- a fruit snack got stuck to the cover and when I pulled it off, the plush fabric came right off and left a bare spot. The seat was 2.5 years old and out of warranty. They didn't ask for the old cover back, just sent a new one for free.

Not long after, our Shannon cover (less than 1 month old) started coming apart where the harness adjuster flap thing is. They asked me to send the old one back and sent a new one, again, for free.

super_grape

i've had 3 replaced:

denim marathon for a hole in the back of the cover

aloha roundabout for a bald spot

and shannon boulevard for a bald spot...only with the shannon
did they ask for the cover back but i haven't sent it yet:eek:.

hsjwmom

When I was passing our Stormy MA from dd1 to dd2, I bought an Ashley Floral cover to make dd2 feel better about it. The elastic on the Stormy cover had never fit right. It wasn't shot, it just wouldn't ever stay in place. It was my first MA and I thought that was just how it was. The AF cover fit beautifully, no elastic issues or anything. My MA was close to 3 yrs old when I called and expressed my disappointment. I ended up with them sending me a Cowmoo cover! They did want my old Stormy cover (they were more than welcome to it!)

So, overview:

MA cover with elastic/fit issues
replaced for free
about 3 yrs old

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I need to have them replace my BV cover (or maybe the harness?) because the velcro is SO far off.

I think it is about 1.5" or maybe even 2" off. :(

S8000414.jpg

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Yes, Cowmoo developed a bald spot after about 8 months of use. Replaced for free, did not request the old cover.

lovinwaves

They replaced my cover due to the velcro not lining up. The replacement cover didn't line up either so then they sent me replacement straps, which didn't line up either. So now I have 3 Marathon's where the velcro doesn't line up AT ALL :mad:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
They replaced my Tiffany DC cover for free after little holes began to develop where touched the drivers seat (it was RF, obviously). They did send me a call tag to return the original cover. My seat was 8-9 months old at the time.

elle7715

So they might replace my denim cover if it doesn't line up with the slots correctly? I never noticed until we started using the second from the bottom slots, the very bottom ones are fine.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
They replaced my cow cover on my MA after I washed it and the black trim faded. I got to keep the cover and the replacement cover.

hsjwmom

I got to pick from what they had available on their website, but not one of the couture ones ;) DD had wanted Cow, but dh had vetoed it when I was buying. For a free replacement, he had no say in the matter :D He ended up liking it, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC