Graco Nautilus, Britax Decathlon, Radian -- 3 across 3rd row PICS!!!!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The models ~

2YO (will be three Monday), 33 pounds, 39 inches -- Even with the 2nd from the bottom slots in the Nautilus, barely above the 2nd from the top slots on the Decathlon.

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

7YO, 55 pounds, 50 inches, shoulders are slightly above the top Radian slots, has an inch or so until reaching the top slots in the Nautilus.

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

An inch or more to grow
IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

Leg support
IMG_1740.jpg

Three across 3rd row of 2006 Kia Sedona ~ Graco Nautilus, Britax Decathlon, Radian!

IMG_1737.jpg

Defrost & I had a lot of fun today & though it was work, those 3 HWH seats were so much fun to install!!!

Here are 5 seats/vest safely installed in my van
IMG_1738.jpg

My daughter's review? "it's comfortable, but would be more comfortable if it was pink"
IMG_1744.jpg

Thanks Defrost for taking the pics and spending the day with me working a seat check, shopping for a G. Naughty, and working with me to get those three across my 3rd row. Simply amazing! I love you :love:

ADS

jdubsm

LOL at your daughter's review. Sounds like the same one one of my girls would give.

I'm glad you found your GN today and that you didn't have to hunt too much. It's also good you got on the road when you did and made it home before this storm hit.

Great to meet you both today.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
you, my friends, have a problem. ;)

You need not tell us. We already know. There does not yet exist a 12 step program for those of us obsessed with child advocacy & safety which does, of course, include being passionate about child passenger safety.

Maybe we should start a group for people like us? Hmmm, maybe on the internet? we could call it www.car-seat.org ??? All in favor, raise your right hand. I'll count.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
You need not tell us. We already know. There does not yet exist a 12 step program for those of us obsessed with child advocacy & safety which does, of course, include being passionate about child passenger safety.

Maybe we should start a group for people like us? Hmmm, maybe on the internet? we could call it www.car-seat.org ??? All in favor, raise your right hand. I'll count.

:ROTFLMAO:

~Raising right hand :D

JoyJoy

I love these photos. I am so wanting that seat more each time I see it. I could fit my 8 year old in it. She is about the height of your DD but she is not even 50 pounds yet. She is only 48 pounds. I am so siked. I have a nearly 7 year old who is 38 pounds. Oh the options it has. I am so glad for these pics. I never wanted a seat so bad LOL. I am so addicted to this car seat thing too. I have truly seen the light thanks to this site. :thumbsup:

HEVY

Is it safe for the seat in the middle back to be overlapping the Radian like that, it's also slanted because it's on the Radian. Does that pose a problem if there's an accident, like the child hitting the middle seat? Was there a way to put the middle seat in the captains seat and since there is a middle shoulder belt in the back put the vest? Or maybe put the vest in the middle and the seats in any other configuration. I think I would have tried to put the booster, vest and Radian in the back and the GN and BD in the front, It seems that ya'll worked at it awhile so maybe this was the only way to get secure fits, so I'm basically just wondering. :) Ds looks comfy in the GN but your dd looks like the legs may be an issue, the support ends at a few inches from the knee.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Is it safe for the seat in the middle back to be overlapping the Radian like that, it's also slanted because it's on the Radian. Does that pose a problem if there's an accident, like the child hitting the middle seat? Was there a way to put the middle seat in the captains seat and since there is a middle shoulder belt in the back put the vest? Or maybe put the vest in the middle and the seats in any other configuration. I think I would have tried to put the booster, vest and Radian in the back and the GN and BD in the front, It seems that ya'll worked at it awhile so maybe this was the only way to get secure fits, so I'm basically just wondering. :) Ds looks comfy in the GN but your dd looks like the legs may be an issue, the support ends at a few inches from the knee.

The Decathlon isn't tilted because it's on the Radian, it's tilted because it's a split bench back there and it's just tilted a bit, the same way that seats can be safely tilted a bit when installed on any seat, sometimes there are just bumps in the seat cushion that prevent it from being perfectly straight. It's not unsafe. Each seat is installed independently of each other, in fact I was able to slide my finger between the Radian and the Decathlon all the way from the top to the bottom of both seats.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
About possibly putting the vest in the center back...

I am not comfortable putting a child with zero SIP in between two kids with seats that have hard shells that the child in the vest's head would bash into in a crash. It's out of my comfort zone.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Oh, the reason we did this is because Debbie and I have a BFF who is having surgery tomorrow, and I will have her kids several times this week.

In the G. Naughty will be my 7YO
In the Decathlon will be my almost 3YO (too big to RF)
In the Radian will be my friends 2YO (too big to RF)
In the Ride Safer Vest will be her almost 6YO
In a booster (not the pink one!) will be her 9YO.

I needed to be able to get 3 harnessed kids in back, or at least 2 harnessed kids so I could buckle a booster, and this was just going to be quicker for getting them all in and out. I can fold down the captains chair with the RSTV on it to access the 3rd row to help the kids get buckled, then pop it back up and put the almost 6YO in it and go.

remken

Is anyone else jealous because they don't have a friend like Debbie and Gypsy that would try out seats with them.

keri1292

I w-w-want a carseat friend! :crying:

I love that they fit in the 3rd row! I haven't tried 3 in my Windstar because it looks utterly impossible. Maybe 3 Radians. Maybe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC