would you reintroduce paci for car sickness?

minismom

DD hasn't used a pacifier since she was 6mo. And you all probably now she's been getting car sick. Do you guys think a pacifier would make her not get sick? Once a week we drive around the time she has her bottle so I sit in the back and feed it to her and she's always fine while she drinks. If she's stops puking I'm willng to risk a pacifier addiction. But I'll try and keep it to the car.

Any thoughts?

ADS

amyg530

i'd definatly raither a binky over a sick child... or a FF one for that matter, althought i wonder if she'll actually take one now?

minismom

well, i tried but she wouldn't take it. She closed her mouth shut and moved her head away. But then she picked up the pacifier and played with it the whole trip, even teethed a little on it. But I tried to get it in her mouth a bunch of times and nope, didnt work. Good news is she still didnt puke this time :whistle:

HEVY

My older dd stopped the paci at about 6 mo too, she had found it in a box when she was about 16 mo and kept it until she was over 3. I couldn't get it away for nothing. Teething on it is worse, eventually they bite through it and poses a choking hazard. From what I understood when you dd drinks a bottle in the car she doesn't get car sick, maybe you could give her a bottle of juice while your driving.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC