Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

RF Marathon in Wrangler...?

Anyone done this? Skipspin? CandCFam?

I just tried it and had no success. With it upright, it fit better but my seat (passenger) would be pushed quite far ahead. Hmmm. So I guess if I want a tethered RF seat, then I'll have to get a RA.

DS|2002|FF in Britax Frontier 85 and Graco TurboBooster
    DD|2007|FF in two Britax Frontier 85's

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: RF Marathon in Wrangler...?

Anyone...? Thanks!

CPS Advocate

I haven't but my aunt(that I work with) has a wrangler and I couldn't imagine success without making the front passenger useless. The RA might work, or do you think an infant seat might?
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Carseat Crazy

I know we did a RF RA for a long time - it did make it impossible for 6'2" DH (all legs) to sit there but I was okay (5'5"). I don't think we ever had a MA RF. I'd imagine it would make the front passenger seat totally useless.
    Sweetie #1 -- 6.5 yrs -- Seats: Blue Bouquet Regent, Bravo GN, Brownstone PW, Daisy B510
    Sweetie #2 -- 4.5 yrs -- Seats: Colonial Blue MA, Mossy Oak MA, Monet True Fit

Thanks, everyone... I think we're going with a RA rather than an Uptown so we can tether it. When she outgrows it, we may not have this Jeep anymore. Either way, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. But that should give us a couple of years of tethered RF, which I really want because of the whole increased rollover probabilities with a Wrangler.

Oh, as for the infant carrier, we're thinking of options for when she outgrows it. She's in a Snugride right now and weights approx. 18lbs.

And now I shrink very small as I have to say that we returned our SS1. I realized carrying her around the house in it that I didn't really want to tote around a carrier much longer...... She's heavy in that seat! DH convinced me that if we really want to get her a nice convertible, then to please return the SS1 if I didn't want to lug it around. Once winter's over, we'll move on up to a convertible...

Carseat Crazy

Sounds like a good plan
    Sweetie #1 -- 6.5 yrs -- Seats: Blue Bouquet Regent, Bravo GN, Brownstone PW, Daisy B510
    Sweetie #2 -- 4.5 yrs -- Seats: Colonial Blue MA, Mossy Oak MA, Monet True Fit

It doesn't tether RF, but what about the TrueFit when it comes out?
    It has the removable wings that will (should) make it fit better in a tight squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by CandCfam View Post
    It doesn't tether RF, but what about the TrueFit when it comes out?
    It has the removable wings that will (should) make it fit better in a tight squeeze.
    I thought about the TrueFit and was thinking of getting one for DS until the Nautilus and now the yet-to-be-seen Frontier... But I think I'd rather have something to tether for the Jeep. I may get the flowery True Fit for my minivan, though - it looks gorgeous!