Here is My Safety Seat Poncho

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyJoy

I designed this myself. I was hoping to get some feedback from professionals. I wanted to not only show what I made, I wanted to get the word out on not buckling kids up with coats on. I hope this passses the approval with you all. That is my own 3.5 year old. I also want to see kids safely buckled period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21DnnQyvPo

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Looks like a neat product. If you are serious about marketing it, your video needs a little tweaking. Please don't take this personally, but you have a few misspelled words - sacrifice and starring are the two I saw.

~Star (desperately hoping I didn't misspell any words. LOL)

JoyJoy

Looks like a neat product. If you are serious about marketing it, your video needs a little tweaking. Please don't take this personally, but you have a few misspelled words - sacrifice and starring are the two I saw.

~Star (desperately hoping I didn't misspell any words. LOL)

Ok I can fix that. Oops I didn't mean too. I thought I double checked but hey it happens. Thanks that is what I wanted to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valentine

This is constructive criticism so please don't be offended. I think it should be bigger, so that it covers a little more of the child's body. Also I'd like it if it were made from a thicker or more insulated fabric.

It's a great idea; good luck to you!

JoyJoy

This is constructive criticism so please don't be offended. I think it should be bigger, so that it covers a little more of the child's body. Also I'd like it if it were made from a thicker or more insulated fabric.

It's a great idea; good luck to you!

Thank You. I want constructive criticism. On my website I put I would use 2 layers of fleece. This was just a test model with an old blanket. :whistle: But if someone where to order it would be made of two layers of fleece and considerably larger. I actually made it for my 2 year old. On her its very large. However since she is a foster child I couldn't use her for the pics. So I used my 3 year old. I plan on making one for her too. I just haven't done so yet. She normaly wears a fleece pull-over.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Advertising is permitted for forum sponsors, but only in the Sponsor forum, in their profile photo and in their signatures as a link. While discussing a new product may be allowed, further commercial content will usually be edited or removed. Thank you!

Connor's Mom

Yup, the Car Seat Poncho gal.

http://www.carseatponcho.com/

BTW, JoyJoy, I'm pretty sure you have to be a car-seat.org sponsor in order to advertise on this board. For more information on donating to the board, check here.

I was thinking the same thing.
OP, you might want to check with her. I know she has the name The Car Seat Poncho trademarked and there is a patent pending on her product. I would check into the legalities of making and advertising your product on a public forum especially since yours looks almost identical to hers.

JoyJoy

I took it out of my signature line. Because I didn't know that. Mine is diffrent then hers. I made my own design. It has a button to close the hood and pulls over the head. No zipper. I truly designed mine myself.

Connor's Mom

I took it out of my signature line. Because I didn't know that. Mine is diffrent then hers. I made my own design. It has a button to close the hood and pulls over the head. No zipper. I truly designed mine myself.

Yes, but your name and end product is very similar to her product. IMO whether it is a button or zipper that is really not that different. :twocents:

You might want to read an Overview of Trademark Law.

JoyJoy

Well you can get a pattern for a poncho anywhere. I just happened to make my own. I don't want to step on anyones toes or mess with a patent. I will change the name of it then to something else then. I know many moms are able to make their own. I just know some don't want to mess with it or some don't know how to sew. I really am not looking to get rich. I just wanted to buy my DD a new car seat have a bit of money extra once in a while. Everywhere I go with my DD in it. People ask where I bought it. So hence the idea to market it to my website. Looking into the patent thing. I am a bit bummed. I filled out a patent myself for my own idea. bummer.

PixieEMT

Too many parents struggle with the winter coat dilemma this time of year.

Numerous people have commented on my son's "car seat cape" while we're out. I refer them to the carseatponcho.com site about the product. I kindly explain that I made my own by searching online for the no sew pattern! :)

I was ready to splurge a couple months ago on the actual product. But it was on backorder. I need it ASAP! I was sick of putting the coat on, taking the coat off, putting the coat on before getting out....... on and on and on....etc.
~sara

JoyJoy

Too many parents struggle with the winter coat dilemma this time of year.

Numerous people have commented on my son's "car seat cape" while we're out. I refer them to the carseatponcho.com site about the product. I kindly explain that I made my own by searching online for the no sew pattern! :)

I was ready to splurge a couple months ago on the actual product. But it was on backorder. I need it ASAP! I was sick of putting the coat on, taking the coat off, putting the coat on before getting out....... on and on and on....etc.
~sara

I love her product but my problem is its too expensive. I can make my own for cheaper. I been making things online for a while. People who know I have a website tell me I should put my things on that I make. I am sure that other lady has made a killing on the idea. Its a wonderful idea. I just know I can't afford it and I know many other moms are like me. I was hoping to offer a cheaper idea too. Although its not the same and the quality is not as good. I don't know seems like I never have the money to patent my ideas and then someone else goes and does it. LOL . Figures. I invented a premmie shirt too and been making and selling them for years and now all the sudden you can buy those online too. Although mine is diffrent. I am sure in a few years you will be able to find these just about anywhere in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC