snugride on a whim!

sb518

So because I've been having some issues with my keyfit22 base, chicco sent me a replacement one, only to find out that one had the same issue. I let them know the second base had the same problem so they wrote me back and said they wanted both bases back now.

So within 5 minutes UPS shows up at my door to pick the bases up. One was packed up but one was still in my car, so I had to run into the garage, pull it out of the car, throw it in a huge box, tape it up and give it to the UPS man while he waited on my porch for 15 minutes. :rolleyes:

Now I have NO base! I realize the seat can be used without the base but in knee deep snow, having to install the seat every time with the belt, just isn't going to flow with me! Not to mention I have to take the sides of the cover off to access the belt guides. AND I can't use the fleece cover because it covers the belt guides. GRRRR...

Well I decided I would go get another base and BRU. When I saw that they were $65.99 or something, I thought, forget that, I might as well get a whole new seat for $89 at Burlington ;)

So with no notice or much thought I went for the snugride! They had a safe seat ($129) a few other snugrides for $79 but this one had the front adjust so I paid the extra $10. :rolleyes:

I get it home, open it up, and I LOVE IT! :love: It's the Samuel pattern.

I couldn't get a good install with the base, so I used a pool noodle and WITH IT that thing is rock solid. Just what I like!

Now watch me receive my 3RD replacement base tomorrow and I would have wasted all this effort :ROTFLMAO:

sam3.jpg

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

sorry, I couldn't see your pics behind all that text. :p so I'll just say this-

the front adjust is so worth $10. I usually swear at least once when dealing with the rear adjust ones. I can't imagine doing it every time.

sb518

sorry, I couldn't see your pics behind all that text. :p so I'll just say this-

the front adjust is so worth $10. I usually swear at least once when dealing with the rear adjust ones. I can't imagine doing it every time.

Oh I know, this should been a blog entry. :rolleyes: Seriously.

scatterbunny

Very pretty cover! :) If you're using a pool noodle, just make sure you have the base in the lowest position. I was taught to use a pool noodle OR the adjustable base, but not both together.

sb518

Very pretty cover! :) If you're using a pool noodle, just make sure you have the base in the lowest position. I was taught to use a pool noodle OR the adjustable base, but not both together.

Thanks! It is on the lowest setting, I need him more upright because of his reflux so I wasn't going to have it anymore reclined than the pool noodle already made it. But I wasn't sure if this was okay or not. Thanks for the knowledge! :thumbsup:

dd9736

I love that cover. my friend has a rearadjust, and I started with a rearadjust, and I have to agree, the front adjust is sooooo worth the $10

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC