Kudos to Officer Traci Rebiejo of Livermore, CA

seamonkeys

On "View from the Bay" they were interviewing Officer Traci Rebiejo from the Livermore Police Dept about child car seat safety. She went through the basics of correct harness positioning/tightness and how to tell when the baby outgrows the infant seat (though she mentioned 6-8 mths, and 22 lbs which is obviously car seat specific - appeared to be a Peg seat). Then said they should be moved to a convertible, still rear facing. Ok, this is the best part....

the news-guy asked, "what's the law" on when to turn them around? It appeared she intentionally didn't mention the "law", but said it's recommended that you keep them rear-facing to the limits (meaning weight) of the carseat or head 1" from the top of the shell!!! :thumbsup:

AND, even though I believe the CA law is still 6 or 60 lbs, she commented kids should remain in a booster till their 8th birthday (or till they pass the 5 pt test!!)!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool! I got an email from her saying she'd be on TV, I'm glad it was good! (Used to live right there, but never got to work with her :()

scatterbunny

I saw her post on the CPSPList, too! It's great that a CPST actually promoted something more than the bare minimum on TV. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC