Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread subscriptions not working

I subscribe to all the thread I post in and people are posting in them, but I am not being notified. My email is working because I am getting other stuff fine.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Thread subscriptions not working

It definitely shows you are setup for instant email notification on subscribed threads. I also haven't seen any bounces since the purge a few days ago.

Were you getting subscriptions previously and they just stopped recently? I'm wondering if the subscription messages might be getting caught in a spam filter by your provider or browser? There could be something about the title or something that flags them. You might need to add car-seat.org to a safe list to let them pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    It definitely shows you are setup for instant email notification on subscribed threads. I also haven't seen any bounces since the purge a few days ago.

Were you getting subscriptions previously and they just stopped recently? I'm wondering if the subscription messages might be getting caught in a spam filter by your provider or browser? There could be something about the title or something that flags them. You might need to add car-seat.org to a safe list to let them pass.
    I was getting them until about 30 mins before I posted this. I use outlook and they are not being filtered to spam. Car-seat.org is already on my safe list. I am just going into my CP now to see the replies.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.

I just tried logging on into my email on cox.net and they are not there either . Maybe cox is having issues.
    Lisa - CPSTI

I'm getting my notifications but that doesn't rule out some other problem. Anyone else having the same issues?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSDarren View Post
    I'm getting my notifications but that doesn't rule out some other problem. Anyone else having the same issues?
    I had 1 come through about 10 mins ago. None since then. I should have several.
    Lisa - CPSTI

Mine was doing the same thing yesterday or the day before. It is doing fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by TXAggieTech View Post
    Mine was doing the same thing yesterday or the day before. It is doing fine now.
    Glad it is not just me.
    Lisa - CPSTI

It is working again, Darren. Kind of anyway. I am getting messages from this morning.
    Lisa - CPSTI

It is doing it again
    Lisa - CPSTI

I changed a setting regarding how email notifications are processed. I'm not sure if it will have any obvious effect, but let me know if it is working now please.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Your message was in my email this morning, so it must work. I will let you know if if doesn't. Thanks!
    Lisa - CPSTI

Quote Originally Posted by azgirl71 View Post
    Your message was in my email this morning, so it must work. I will let you know if if doesn't. Thanks!
    I think there is still a problem from overnight. I sent in a support ticket to see if there is an ongoing issue that might be causing this.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I think there is still a problem from overnight. I sent in a support ticket to see if there is an ongoing issue that might be causing this.
    Messages are coming in right now.
    Lisa - CPSTI

I am getting some, but not all. The ebay thread, I have not gotton any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    I am getting some, but not all. The ebay thread, I have not gotton any updates.
    Mine are still coming in. I do not know how many I missed from last night.
    Lisa - CPSTI

Ok, I didn't get an email on this thread either!

It should be returning to normal.

Apparently, the forums hit an email quota at the provider. Some changes were made that should allow notifications to continue but they may not be instantaneous at peak times.

Oh good. I just keep refreshing the new posts. Emails still not working. Maybe after I am finished with todays car seat clinic!

Quote Originally Posted by azgirl71 View Post
    Mine are still coming in. I do not know how many I missed from last night.
    Lol I just got a bounce of one of your subscription notifications from Thursday 2/7.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<azgirl71@*********>:
    Connected to ******** but connection died. Possible duplicate! (#4.4.2) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.