"best car seat in the world"

k's mommy

So what do you think?

The company refer to it as the "best seat ever"

~ 6 moving parts
~ The seat is able to tilt and swivel with one handed move
~ Embedded steel safety cage within the curved shell shape provided side impact protection
~ The seat incorporates an air suspension systme
~ Breatheable seating survage and air channels
~ Removable custions of memory foam
~ retractable and indexed seatbelts
~ Incorporating the FMVSS 209, 213, 225

http://mocoloco.com/archives/005056.php#more

nestt_think_thing_chair.jpg

BTW, if you watch the vid on the car seat (not their car seat) you can see the clip is not in the proper position and i can't tell if her arm is in on the one side or not

my apologies if this has been posted before..i tried searching and nothing came up

ADS

skaterbabs

Honestly, it looks like it would be a bear to install, and would be incompatible with MANY vehicles.

southpawboston

it would only be the best carseat in the world if it:

1) fits your child well
2) fits the car well
3) installs easily/is used properly
4) passes FMVSS213 (in the US)

that said, it seems like a very innovative carseat!!!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Very interesting look. I agree with Skaterbabs and SPB. It would be a pain to install from looking at it. Only the best seat if it meets ALL your needs and requiements.

maipenrai

Senior Community Member
Interesting!

I have my doubts about the "best carseat ever" and the "foolproof operation". I think it looks like a seat for parents with way too much money. And I didn't see any pics of an actual child in the seat-did I miss them? I'd love to see some shots of it actually installed in a vehicle with a child inside, and some crash test footage. It's an intriguing design, but the skeptic in me just isn't buying it so far.

When you get to the product page (http://www.thinkthing.net/products.html) and select the nestt, there's a little play arrow under the plus sign. That starts the video.

JessicaS

http://thinkthing.net/products.html (The carseat is called "nestt".)

Let's see...they make lamps, clocks, pens...and carseats, naturally.

:confused:

I also thought there was a definite language barrier, until I saw they were based out of Illinois!

What makes any product special? It goes beyond the sensual and the aesthetic. It is more than its functional performance. It's how you feel when you use it. The product has to appeal to your senses as well as to your intellect. The idea should live in the product. think>thing. think/thing.

Oh and the video, with horrid misuse! :thumbsdown: Yeah, they're probably the last company on earth I'd ever buy a carseat from!

minismom

Oh, I found it now. Thanks.

And I agree, doesn't look all that good. Where's the padding and the harness? Where's the kid sitting in it? Where's the installation video? Plus, not sure I'd wanna buy a seat from a company that mainly designs other stuff and not seats. What do you guys think? But from the look of the website it seems like what they do is cool design things right?

LOL, maybe we shouldn't say bad things about this product... What if the inventor finds us and we have another drama thread??

Starlight

Senior Community Member
hehe, wait til someone tries to pull out the little tilt/swivel lever and can't, because (horror of horrors) there's a seatback there!

:ROTFLMAO:

NVMBR02

I think it is an interesting idea but it doesn't look comfortable at all.

I can't say it is something I would buy.

Mama!

Did anyone else notice that we never saw an actual child in the seat? :confused: I wanted to see how an actual baby/toddler fit!

NVMBR02

Did anyone else notice that we never saw an actual child in the seat? :confused: I wanted to see how an actual baby/toddler fit!

I do notice that! The whole reason I watched the video in the first places was to watch the seat be installed and to see a picture of a baby and a toddler in it...

wendy1221

It looks to me like it's still in the design stage and they're just putting it out there bc/c they're so very happy with it and are hoping for some paying investors.

dhardawa

It is an interesting concept. I wonder what happens when a rear facing baby ramps up in the seat and smacks his head on the top. It could have a very low rear facing height limit. I'm not sure what the "retractable harness" is, but if it retracts like vehicle seatbelts that might be nice to avoid loose harnesses.

ThreeBeans

It is an interesting concept. I wonder what happens when a rear facing baby ramps up in the seat and smacks his head on the top. It could have a very low rear facing height limit. I'm not sure what the "retractable harness" is, but if it retracts like vehicle seatbelts that might be nice to avoid loose harnesses.

The new Graco SS1 has a similar 'lip' at the top of EPS foam.

I'm curious to see one and touch it and play with. It seems they are early in the design stage. Mad props to anyone trying to design a better seat though :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC