Sell or keep both BV and Como?

niccig

I put the safeguard in my car and the Como in DH's car. I've got a Safety First Uptown, which we use for the babysitter's car (needs to go beside her son's seat) and for travel.

But now I have the Blvd that DS rode RF in my car. What do I do with that? I really like the Blvd, and so far the Como seems fine FF for DS. Do I keep the Blvd as my back-up seat for one of our cars? Or do I sell it or sell the Como? I also don't know which one DS will have the most growth - Como has higher slots but less shoulder room.

I don't need to sell a seat. But then I have 2 extra car seats - the Uptown and the Blvd or Como, depending on which seat is in DH's car. And I wouldn't have this problem if I didn't see the safeguard seat on sale 6 months ago, it was 40% off, I HAD to get it.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would keep them both. You never know when you might need them or you may find someone who really truly needs a seat and can't afford to pay full price. :twocents:

thepote

And I wouldn't have this problem if I didn't see the safeguard seat on sale 6 months ago, it was 40% off, I HAD to get it.

No advice from me... just wanted to let you know that I would have done the same!!

You have a great 'problem' :p

steph

I would probably keep them both for right now. I would be concerned with your DS's shoulders becoming too tight in the Como, so I would want the BV at that point.

Kat_Momof3

what about using the boulevard in the sitter's car instead of the uptown?

you could then keep the uptown as the spare for whoever needs it or sell it.

niccig

Thanks everyone.
For the time being, I'll keep both car seats. I need a new set of Hugs for the Blvd before it can be used FF, so it can't be used by us or be sold just yet.

I was thinking of using the Blvd for the sitter's car. I leave the car seat at preschool one day a week. She could easily put the Blvd in her car. It's just such a beast to carry c/f to the Uptown. Also, for the next 6 weeks I put DS's seat in someone else's car and the Blvd won't fit beside her other seat that's in the middle - I could make the Blvd work if I moved her son's seat passenger outboard, but that seems to be a bit much for a 10min journey once a week, and she is doing me a favour. The Uptown fits perfectly.

I'll keep the Blvd and reassess in a couple more months, see if I'm still liking the Como FF in DH's car and the safeguard in my car (not liking the knobs to tighten the harness.) And then see where we stand.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC