What my silly boy said today

BookMama

Senior Community Member
So today when I picked DS up from after-school care, one of his friends was being picked up at the same time. As I opened the car door for DS, his friend said "You sit in a car seat?" Not in a nasty way, just in an observational way, but I didn't like where it was heading. (DS has never had that comment from a friend, to my knowledge.)

I could see that there was no booster in the friend's car, so I said "Yes, and you should too - you're the same size he is." (Actually I was hoping the mom would hear me, but she was busy with her darn cell phone.)

And then, settling into his booster behind me, DS chimes in with "Yeah, my mom's a car seat ... surgeon!" :scratcheshead:

(Of course, I was also quite proud of him for not being bothered by his friend's questioning. :thumbsup: )

ADS

SPJ&E

LOL, how cute! I'm also glad he wasn't bothered by the comment...I think he had a good response!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Congratulations on your promotion, Doctor! :ROTFLMAO:

Hey, my CPS course was cheaper than med school, at least!

I'm glad everyone else was as amused by this as I was. DS would surely be mortified if he knew I posted this here, of course. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC