Going nuts wanting a second Nautilus!

Yoshi

Ok. I know some of you haven't even gotten a chance to see one- let alone buy one, but I am on a soapbox about this seat. DH and I LOVE it!!!!! I want a second one for his car SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad, I am going crazy waiting for new ones to be available. DD is tolerating its non-velvetness just fine and I can't stop looking in the rearview mirror at my DD in the CENTER where I finally have an awesome install. I am crazy. I know!

ADS

Yoshi

I am not even bothering with our local Walmart. They have no selection. I would rather wait until Target or someplace else gets it. I am just so happy with this seat, I NEED 2:p! The wait is making me crazy. I am ready to ditch (aka:sell) my Radian but DH wants to keep it in case we fly this spring:rolleyes: I am very fickle with my car seat affections, I suppose. ;)

Gsanmb

I asked today when I ordered another seat from elitecarseats.com if they'd be getting it, and the lady said yes, probably end of March/early April. I also asked about other seat covers and she said yes, definitely, but not girly *yet*.

Yoshi

I asked today when I ordered another seat from elitecarseats.com if they'd be getting it, and the lady said yes, probably end of March/early April. I also asked about other seat covers and she said yes, definitely, but not girly *yet*.
Good to know! pretty soon they'll be everywhere and we'll all be sick of them, LOL!

Jacks

YAY!!!! I found the Nautilus today at our Walmart in Columbus, Ohio. None on display and 2 in the box. Oooops...now one. :thumbsup: I was going to hold out for a more padded version but I couldn't wait anymore. BTW, according to the WM website, that store was out of stock. DS and I called and the girl in the baby dept. said she had 2!!! :D

Mama2J

I'm glad you are so happy with it! All the rave reviews about it is really making me excited to get one. I hope dh likes it! I have a call in to Walmart, so hopefully they call me back soon. :thumbsup:

abacus2

I love it too; it's an awesome seat. Fortunately I just needed the one I bought so I'm not going nuts looking for another one. I am pretty frustrated by the fact that it's been more than a year since I heard of the Radian and I still have not managed to see one in person.

Kat_Momof3

That was my friend, Cheryl, who sold it. She had bought one and her hubby picked up mine (love them for that), and her daughter just didn't go for it... she wants a girly one... so she's holding out because she has the Radian that her daughter doesn't like and the Platinum Cargo she's riding in now.

So I suggested she sell it on ebay because someone who couldn't find it in a store near them and really needed would be helped that way.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I checked my local Walmart selection of these online the other day and one had 6 and another one had 2 in stock. Now I just checked again and they are all out of stock and one store 35 miles away has limited quantities. I didn't realized they were selling out everywhere...how does everyone know about this seat?!?!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I checked my local Walmart selection of these online the other day and one had 6 and another one had 2 in stock. Now I just checked again and they are all out of stock and one store 35 miles away has limited quantities. I didn't realized they were selling out everywhere...how does everyone know about this seat?!?!

They come on here :whistle:...LOL

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Do you think Graco might've been unprepared for the popularity of the seat and is having troubles keeping up with demand?

I think overall people know and trust the Graco name, and they're probably buying it in part due to the marketing of the last seat you'll need.. and depending on how old their kids are, it's accurate - definitely high enough weight and harness height, and good height for booster mode.

Maybe the seat is selling on it's own even with people who haven't done any research, and that's partly why it's disappearing so quick. :shrug-shoulders:

(I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival in Canada. I am really looking forward to being able to get one for dd - and she'll probably be old enough that it very well might be the last seat she'll need. :thumbsup: )

mamaofthree

Yeah, Graco is a very mainstream brand. People know and trust it. And the Nautilus is a very appealing seat, whether you are a carseat freak or not. People are always looking for the best value for their money, so the fact that it becomes a booster is what sells it I bet. There really aren't a whole lot of choices in that category, just the AOE right? And that seat is ugly, wider and flimsier IMO. Not that I've even seen the Nautilus IRL yet, lol.

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC