Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Wow! Look at my cousin's little boy in a car seat 7 years ago!

This is Sam in his car seat about 7 years ago...
    It just looks so old and unsafe to me!

I wish I had pictures of myself when I was in a car seat! Anyone have these kind of pictures?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Wow! Look at my cousin's little boy in a car seat 7 years ago!

wow scary..

what carseat..I used to roll around the floor with my bottle.. lol.. scary huh...Mom used to lay us in the floor in the backseat and put a blanket down, I don't recall ever using seatbelts, if we did they were lap only. As I got older I can remember riding in the front seat and my Mom would put her hand across my chest as she slammed on the brakes if someone shopped short in front of us..We are talking over 40 yrs ago... lol... giving away my age...

Quote Originally Posted by Baileybb View Post
    This is Sam in his car seat about 7 years ago...
    It just looks so old and unsafe to me!

I wish I had pictures of myself when I was in a car seat! Anyone have these kind of pictures?

LOL. I had that EXACT seat. I took care of my ex fiancee's niece and nephew (actual when I was 16 they lived with me becuase their mom was a drug addict but anyways....) I basically raised them for 3 years. I remember saving up for this seat and being so excited because I thought it was so great(remember I was only 16!). I was even into seats back then. I made sure she was RF and it was tight and everything Oh how times have changed!

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
    S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
    J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50

I have a pic of me in my "car seat". A high chair, with the legs cut off, rear facing between my parents.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

I think my friend's baby had that seat 10 years ago... she 'knew' that overhead shields weren't safe, but her family bought it for her and she didn't want to not use it
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

It's an Evenflo Scout or Trooper - I had one for Josh 11 years ago in green.

Before I knew better. He was the only one of my kids to ride in anything but a 5 point harness (Futura excluded).