Infant on Mom's LAP!!

murphysmommy

Saw this story today -- hopefully, I'm not posting redundantly. It just made me sick to my stomach. Poor baby...:(

http://www.wmgt.com/node/6044

Woman Charged After Infant Dies In Car Accident
Submitted by Candace Thompson on Mon, 01/28/2008 - 10:36am. News State
A mother was arrested after an automobile accident that killed her 2-month-old baby.

Police say 20-year-old Lytanza Robinson was driving on a street shortly before 7 am Sunday when her car hit a utility pole. An investigator said the child was sitting in the woman's lap.

Atlanta police spokesman Eric Schwartz says the infant died en route to a hospital.

Robinson has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license and seat belt violations.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

OMG.... this is a tradgedy. However, it's good to see a new habit of charging the parents for this neglect they have committed.

the link, however, didn't work and I couldn't find it by searching.

murphysmommy

Hmmm...I don't know what the problem is with the link. It works from here.

I googled it and didn't find much more information. Mostly bloggers talking about the same story.

You're right -- charging parents in these cases may be the only deterrent (besides more education)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC