Has anyone mentioned the Nautilus adjuster?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I finally saw one today, and because Kat mentioned the adjuster was super smooth, I played with it... noticed that it's under a nice, deep, smooth plastic cover... wow, it's a metal flap, but really far in there. I couldn't help but think it'd be fabulous for 'houdini' kids! Boy, that smooth adjuster...that was just divine...I hope it's as nice with a kid in it?

ADS

LuvBug

I noticed that too! I really loved that about it. I really like the seat in general!

I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one

sb518

It's just as great with a kid in it. :love: I can't decide if I want to put my niece in the MA or the Nautilus after she gains her 1 more pound of rearfacing weight.

abacus2

The adjuster is fabulous! Britax, follow Graco's example here. The harness just smoothly glides to the exact perfect length and stays exactly where I put it when I stop adjusting.

TerisBoys

For anyone that HASN'T played with this seat...

In comparison, it adjusts JUST as smoothly as my old (1999) Roundabout. Installed, not installed, with a kid, without a kid.

I *hated* the MA adjustor. I wanted my RA adjustor back and I guess now I have it. :)

And yes - the 'hidden' harness release lever is awesome! So's the rounded, rubber coated buckle.

Yoshi

I finally saw one today, and because Kat mentioned the adjuster was super smooth, I played with it... noticed that it's under a nice, deep, smooth plastic cover... wow, it's a metal flap, but really far in there. I couldn't help but think it'd be fabulous for 'houdini' kids! Boy, that smooth adjuster...that was just divine...I hope it's as nice with a kid in it?
YES! With a kid in the seat, it is still butter smooth:love:I can't stop saying enough good things about this seat:love:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wally Martinez at Hull Street Road (you know, with the petsmart and chick fil a by it.....by the genito post office..it was NOT there last week!!!! I was ecstatic, but they put the wrong price tags... it was labeled AO, and the AO was labeled nautilus, same price, duh)

:)

mamaofthree

I emailed Graco again this morning to ask when and where else the Nautilus would be sold. They answered right away, but just said that it would be available at other retailers within the next few weeks and to keep checking their site for updates. I cannot wait to see it IRL! I'm really hoping that the next cover has better padding.

Kimberly

super_grape

yup, LOVE that adjuster and the whole harness/buckle
in general!
dh hated the blvd and was sooooo happy when we switched
to the nautillus, he had the hardest time getting her in the
blvd and tightened properly.
and dd loves that she can buckle and unbuckle herself!

bp2002

Love the adjuster!!! Soo much smoother than the radian i have. (radian was a pain to adjust with C in it)...

dont love the headrest adjust so much. maybe ijust need to get used to it? I find i have to be really on top of it to adjust easily. so adjusting it installed in the car hasnt been the easiest, but still LOVE the seat!!

TerisBoys

The headrest goes UP easily, but down not-so-easy for me.

But I figure it won't be adjusted THAT often, and it beats the 'disassemble to adjust' method of my beloved SR/C.

And for being the 'budget' padding - my little prince hasn't complained at all. And with his sensory issues - he'd complain in a heartbeat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC