Just out of curiosity (Marathon)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
When did your child grow out of the Marathon or its cousins? What is the heaviest child that you've seen that still fit by height?

My daughter had less than 0.5" torso growth room at 42 pounds when we replaced it.

ADS

mamabear

DD has about 3/4" until she's even with the top slots.

She is 5 (in 3 weeks) 44lbs 45" tall with a 16" torso.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
My middle dd has just outgrown it very recently. I last tried her in it just before her 7th birthday in Nov 07 and she was right at the top slot and her ears were getting close to the top. She is about 48 lbs and about 45" and her torso is over 16". She was riding full time in a MA until she got her Regent the end of July 07, so she was 6 yrs 9 months and just beginning to get squished for shoulder room. Although she probably would have probably fit for a bit longer in the MA in my van, she always has had more room in my van as opposed to dh's car. The pic was taken the end of Oct 07 in dh's car.

Last edited:

popsicle

I sat my 48# 44"(ish) 3yo niece in mine the other day and she is dead even with the top slots. My 34 month old 30-31# 36" son has tons of room still.

amy919

My very tall (49") 36 pound 5 year old is currently in a Regent, but has plenty of room in the MA. She's *just* over the 2nd slots, but was using the top sots. Obviously, she has a short torso and very long legs. I'd bet she'd make it past the age of 6, maybe even close to 7 in the MA.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My now 6 year old DD1 outgrew the Marathon by height around age 4.5 at approx. 41 lbs. and 41/42 inches tall.

LuvBug

DS was like 3y8m when he outgrew it, and he was less than 40lbs(though I dont remember exactly, he was rounding up on 40 though).
DNi is 3y8m now and 43ish pounds, she is just over the 2nd from top slots...

Chameleon

My daughter who will be 5 in March is just over the 2nd to top slots. She still has a long way to go. She has a short torso though.

abacus2

My dd is 4, 42", 56lbs, and was even with the top slots in her Decathlon when I replaced it with a Nautilus a couple weeks ago.

Mattkarn

The youngest I watch was at the top slots of the Marathon right around his forth birthday, and I am sure he is over them now.

Auntie2Avi

Avi is just about out of the MA/DC at 3 years and 3 months. He is 41 lbs and 41 1/2 inches. I do not have an exact torso height measurement. I am hoping his torso growth will slow down, but no luck so far.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My 7yo DD would still fit in a MA. She's just barely 40lbs, though.

I wish I could remember when DS3 outgrew it - he's more average-sized. I honestly can't remember if he ever rode in one, though. I know he had a RA, but I may well have moved him straight from that into a TB. :eek:

Baby D

The child I babysit was 3 years old in December and she weighs 36 lbs. I don't know how tall she is but her shoulders are almost even with the top slots. :(

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
DS still has 1/2" or so left (hurry up, Britax Frontier :D). He is 5 yrs, 41-42lbs, 44" (?) - not sure about his stats...

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My dd is 4, 42", 56lbs, and was even with the top slots in her Decathlon when I replaced it with a Nautilus a couple weeks ago.

It looks like this is the only child in this thread that has been able to use a MA/cousin past 50 pounds, if I'm reading correctly. I'm just trying to get an idea what the "real" top weight is -- certainly not 65 pounds!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC