The Great GN Search - share your progress!

Mama2J

Ok has anyone else been going crazy looking for a Nautilus? How is your search going? If you found one, how long did it take?

I am not having luck here. I check the WM website everyday to see where they are in stock. At first the closest one was 25 miles away. Now there is one closer, but I still don't have any other reason to go out that way.

I've checked my local WM every weekend. The first time, the carseat section was a mess and there were Sceneras and TurboBoosters everywhere. There must have been a sale. Now it looks much better, but still no sign of the Nautilus. Well, it does look like all the shelf tags (under the display models) are missing, so maybe they are redoing something there?

Finally, after no sighting still this past Saturday, I went to the website and of course they are still out of stock online, so I clicked Send Email when back in stock. That option is now no longer there (I wonder if they were inundated with this request!). So if they come back into stock online, then I can order Site to Store, if they will deliver it to my store.

I think I'm going to give it one more week, and if nothing still next weekend, I will travel to another store or two to check. I really didn't want to do that. My husband does not know about this seat yet, so I wouldn't have any reason to go to shopping anywhere new. I've been tempted to tell him about it, but after past conversations about buying a new seat, I think it's better to just come home with it. I'm a bit nervous about that, but under the circumstances I think it's the best way.

On a side note, I'm also really glad that they are so hard to find. I'm thinking this means that more kids are being harnessed that may have gone into boosters otherwise. :thumbsup:

ADS

TerisBoys

I got lucky and got the only one on the shelf at my store Friday night.

And since it JUST showed up 'In Stock' at that store Friday morning, it's a safe bet that one is all they got in (it's now showing 'Out of Stock' for that store).

Keep trying - they're only getting 1-3 in at a time when they DO get them in!

mom2riley

Our Wal-mart had 4 GN and a display a week ago. But, when I went on Friday they had 2 and the display, 15min later they only had once aside from the display. On Sunday they had the same. I also went to our other Wal-mart, the non-super store that has a horrible car seat selection, they had one box.

mish

The Wal-Mart 50 miles away from me has one-I live in a very rural areal.They have had it for about two weeks, but I went again last night and they still don't have it on display. My husband won't let me buy one until he can look at it, try to adjust the harness, etc.

melniemi

My Walmart has them - I think 3 in the box, none on display. I thought that if my walmart has them, every one would! I live in the middle of nowhere, my walmart is 45 min away and we just got the efta within the last month.

singingpond

Walmart.com gives different in-store results every time I've looked (three or four times over the past two weeks), with stores appearing and disappearing from the list -- not sure what's going on with that. My local (10 miles away) WalMart showed up once, but was listed as out-of-stock. I stopped by there a few days later, and there was no sign of anything new going on in the carseat area. Don't know if they ever plan to carry the Nautilus, since that particular store has disappeared from the website search list again. Nothing within 100 miles shows 'in stock' at the moment. I haven't called or visited any other stores -- don't want to deal with 'associates' who don't know anything about anything.

Katrin

Mama2J

Update: According to the website, there is stock in a WM 7 miles from my zip code. I know that sounds close, but it is two towns over and about a half hour (or more) drive with traffic. :( There is a lot of traffic in our area, that is why all my shopping is usually done within a mile or two. Hopefully I can find a reason to go that way on Saturday, but of course they could be gone by then!

mamaofthree

My nearest store was listed as having them last week, though out of stock. Now that store has disappeared from their list. The closest stores are hours away. I think that finder is screwed up. I'm not buying a WM one, but I would like to at least check them out IRL. Can't wait til other stores get them.

Kimberly

I LOVE MY GIRLS

Does anyone know how long it takes for Walmart to re-stock? I was ready to make the purchase plunge and noticed they were out of stock. No stores near me have them either.

Thanks
Evie

debbiemomof2

When I first checked Walmart.com last Monday (I think) it said IN STOCK. I had just heard about the seat here and wanted to read more about it before I bought one. A few hours later I checked back and they were out of stock. SO, my real life search began. The closest store carrying them was 2 hrs away and also OUT OF STOCK. I checked every morning using FIND A STORE. It seems to update around 3-4am. It finally showed LIMITED STOCK at a store in my town on Friday. I went Saturday morning, there was one displayed on the shelf and one in a box. :) I snatched up the boxed one for almost 3yr ds. I let my 5yr dd try it (she's been in a TB since hitting 40lbs shortly after turning 4) and now she wants one. SO, I am still searching for another one.
One thing I thought of earlier - the FIND A STORE information is only updated after the item is received into the store. When I used to work at Walmart, we could look up an item and it would show the order status of the item. I don't remember the exact wording, but it would show quantity and that they were at the distribution center and we knew we would get them that night or the next in our store. In other words, check with your Walmart store and have them check their computer and it should tell them if some are on the way. The UPC is 4740609508.

popsicle

I managed to order one online in the short window when they were in stock. It got here last week and as I shared in an earlier thread, my niece loves it! :D The cupholder sold it for her. I may very well have the first one in the state, as our Wal-Marts don't carry much other than Cosco/Dorel seats, 3 pt Evenflo buckets, and a ton of boosters. :thumbsdown:

ETA: I'll be stalking WM and BRU websites and will order another as soon as I can, because I need to get a new seat for DS in my car and move his Radian to my mom's car.

Laurette

I saw two at a local Walmart last night but both the boxes were open... I dont know why.. There are ALOT of walmarts where I am though, DFW Texas.

And I tried my DS in the display and he really liked it. But he is still RFing in his Marathon in my car.

I am contemplating getting one for my mothers van though, when I have the money.

Do you think they will be around a while? Are other stores suposed to get them in too? Anyone know when?

Mama2J

Does anyone know how long it takes for Walmart to re-stock? I was ready to make the purchase plunge and noticed they were out of stock. No stores near me have them either.

Do you think they will be around a while? Are other stores suposed to get them in too? Anyone know when?

I wish I knew! I am tempted to call my WM and see if they have any on order. But where I work isn't very private, and I don't want everyone to hear my conversation. Maybe I can get the number and call from my cell during lunch later this week.

Granola

I have one waiting for me at the nearest Walmart. I ordered one online (to be shipped to my nearest store) and just received the e-mail today that they have it! I will have to curtail my excitement to pick it up until Thursday as we are having a winter storm, although we may be able to pick it up Wednesday or even tomorrow if the snow accumulations don't hinder us.

I was lucky - it was sold out online, then it re-appeared on their website two weekends or so ago, and I immediately ordered it first thing in the a.m. when it reappeared.

Gsanmb

No.Luck.At.All. :shrug-shoulders:

Out of stock online, and when I do the finder thingy it doesn't even show the 3 walmarts within 20 miles of me! It has me crossing major bridges/tunnels and there it only says "limited stock." :scratcheshead:

Just gonna have to be patient I guess.

super_grape

there are 3 stores in our area that have it and
we were able to pick one up a week ago. i had to ask for it
tho as it wasn't on the floor...not even a display.
but it was in the back and the really nice sales associate
happily brought it out for me!

so far we are VERY HAPPY with it and DD LOVES it!!

Kat_Momof3

it did take me awhile, but not as long as I expected, or as long as a lot of you and others have been searching.

However, I was outright stalking walmarts... calling them every few days... asking for managers... calling 1-800 Walmart, and finally... One walmart had them. It is still the only one that I know of in all of the Hampton Roads area to have them... but they got more pretty quickly.

vamom

I picked one up the day they showed up in one of my walmarts (a couple of weeks ago. They had two the first day, but two days later they were gone. They have not been back on any of my trips. Two weeks ago I ventured to NY and saw them in several walmarts. This past week I ventured to Ohio and again saw them in several walmarts, including a display.

Mattkarn

I found one a couple weeks ago. I checked online and it said in stock, but it was in Frederick, MD. I drove about an hour to get it (due to traffic), but it was totally worth it. I needed this seat, it was perfect for what I needed. But I also went on a day I didn't have any kids with me, so it wasn't as big of a deal for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC