Husky + Recline Bar in Sedona Pics

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Headrests were removed for all of the following installs.

Husky in 2nd row, LBP + recline bar (easy, no tricks needed):
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1687.jpg

SBP + recline bar (no tricks):
IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg

Husky in 3rd row, outboard (recline vehicle seat, install, push forward):
IMG_1679.jpg

We didn't try it in the center because the Sedona doesn't have a TA in that seating position & we couldn't agree if borrowing an outboard TA would be allowed.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I swear, I am going to my friends house tomorrow to play with car seats. I am so jealous!

melniemi

Do you happen to have a pic of what the buckle stalk is like in the captain's chair??? Is it like the 3rd row pic, or like mine, forward of the bight by 6-8 inches, fixed stalk, angled forward??

Thanks!

Defrost

Do you happen to have a pic of what the buckle stalk is like in the captain's chair??? Is it like the 3rd row pic, or like mine, forward of the bight by 6-8 inches, fixed stalk, angled forward??

Thanks!

Oops, I didn't even think of getting a pic of the buckle stalk! No, it's not like the one in the 3rd row. It's on a fixed stalk, and it's angled forward, but it does move back and forth a little. It's not 6-8 inches in front of the bight, though - I'd guess only about 3-4 inches angled forward. Changing the angle of the vehicle seat seems to make up for it.

The buckle stalks in the second row of my Mazda 5 are very similar to the ones in the Sedona - I don't have a close up, but you can see them in this misuse pic:
IMG_0989.jpg

Mama!

I love my Sedona. Installs are a snap. And now that I know the 3rd row trick, I have even more options (thanks defrost :love:)

Wynters*Mom

Thank you so much for taking the time to play with the seats for us. :) These pictures help so much!

We're getting a Regent during the Britax sale for our 4 1/2 year old. Seeing these pictures helps me see it should fit in our captain's chairs perfectly. :) She's 39 pounds right now, so I can technically install with LATCH or seat belt since my latch goes to 48 pounds (I have a Chrysler Pacifica).

Since you're a car seat expert :D do you think the Regent is an easier install with LATCH or seat belt in captian's chairs?

Thank you again!!! :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Thank you so much for taking the time to play with the seats for us. :) These pictures help so much!

We're getting a Regent during the Britax sale for our 4 1/2 year old. Seeing these pictures helps me see it should fit in our captain's chairs perfectly. :) She's 39 pounds right now, so I can technically install with LATCH or seat belt since my latch goes to 48 pounds (I have a Chrysler Pacifica).

Since you're a car seat expert :D do you think the Regent is an easier install with LATCH or seat belt in captian's chairs?

Thank you again!!! :)

It installs beautifully with both.

Defrost

Glad everyone likes the pics! :)

Don't forget to thank Gypsy, too - she did at least half the work! :D

melniemi

100_4029.jpg

Here are buckle stalks. I couldn't get a good sbp install, but only tried for 20-30 min. Not sure I can get it tho.

Defrost

Did you try it by starting out with the vehicle seat as reclined as it is in that picture? Get it in tight with the vehicle seat reclined, then get behind the seat and push it upright. It should give you a snug install.

Edit - Is that a Sedona, too? I didn't need to recline the vehicle seat yesterday when I installed it. Angles are everything with that recline bar, though, so it could have been a lucky combination of having the vehicle seat already sitting at the right angle, plus me putting the recline bar at just the right place.

BTW - that's a big dog! :D

melniemi

lol - I didn't even notice my dog in there!!

I did try to recline the van seat and push it back up. I didn't have anyone here to help though. I'll have my dh try to help me before I order a regent to be sure - if I decide to go that route! Still indecisive. The buckle stalk tries to move toward the seat bight, but the plastic on the van seat won't let it. Then the seatbelt bunches in the buckle part and won't let me get it tighter. I'll have to try again - today would be good. It is 45 rather than -5!! Only until Wed though, then it gets cold again.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We didn't try it in the center because the Sedona doesn't have a TA in that seating position & we couldn't agree if borrowing an outboard TA would be allowed.

You did good. LATCH manaul says there is only 1 TA outboard in the 3rd row. Nothing about borrowing ;)

Great pics as uaual!

Mama!

My Sedona has 2 Tether anchors and 2 Latch positions. Love it. LOVE it. :p

Have I mentioned that I love it? :p

Defrost

You did good. LATCH manaul says there is only 1 TA outboard in the 3rd row.

The LATCH manual is incorrect - the Sedona has four complete sets of LATCH. :thumbsup: A correction has been sent out, I believe.

Gypsy & I were only discussing borrowing the upper TA for a center install. We couldn't decide if it would be greater than a 20 degree angle, or remember if Britax allowed off-set upper tethering.

Defrost

The buckle stalk tries to move toward the seat bight, but the plastic on the van seat won't let it. Then the seatbelt bunches in the buckle part and won't let me get it tighter.

Oh yes, it does tend to bunch at the latchplate really easily because of the angle. You have to be careful what direction you pull on the shoulder belt while tightening. Get a good bit of slack and tighten the lap portion as much as you can, and then pinch it at the latchplate while you feed the shoulder-belt-slack back into the retractor.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The LATCH manual is incorrect - the Sedona has four complete sets of LATCH. :thumbsup: A correction has been sent out, I believe.

Gypsy & I were only discussing borrowing the upper TA for a center install. We couldn't decide if it would be greater than a 20 degree angle, or remember if Britax allowed off-set upper tethering.

Ahh ok. I did not check for updated. They usually have them posted on SRN I will have to go look.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC