Radian in Kia Sedona Pics

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
All FF installs were with the headrests removed.

RF Radian, LATCH, 2nd row, two angles (no tricks necessary for good install):

IMG_1665.jpg
IMG_1666.jpg

RF tether point under driver's seat (identical spot under passenger seat) - this is a thick metal bar covered with a piece of plastic. First pic is the D-ring, second was taken under the seat, showing the metal bar behind the plastic:
IMG_1662.jpg
IMG_1663.jpg

FF Radian, 2nd row, LATCH (no tricks):
IMG_1669.jpg

(A seat belt install in the second row is possible but difficult; requires the vehicle seat to be reclined and moved back, then shoved forward - it put a lot of stress on the buckle, vehicle seat, and Radian, which is why we didn't try it today.)

FF Radian, 3rd row, LATCH (installs well with seat belt also - recline vehicle seat with either method, tighten, then push forward):
IMG_1677.jpg

The RF Radian is incompatible with the 3rd-row center position. FF Radian is possible in the 3rd-row center, but very difficult to install; it requires 3 full twists of both buckle stalks, and it winds up off-set so far into the outboard position that it makes it a moot point for trying to get 3-across.

The only seat we could get between the Husky and the Radian was the FPSV booster, and it's not a good permanent option - I had to buckle Sam by pulling the booster forward while he sat in it, buckling around him, pushing the booster back into position, then pulling the seat belt tight. It is possible, though:
IMG_1683.jpg

Taking the Husky out of the mix, especially with another outboard Radian, would likely give the center position enough room for a MA/Blvd/Decth or even a booster.

Also, I :love: installing carseats in this van!

Last edited:
ADS

Defrost

What's the problem? that's how my son prefers it. He is three afterall and loves thrills.

:ROTFLMAO:

Besides, that is a PERFECT install! It's for those special circumstances when you need to say "HEY DH - DON'T FORGET TO INSTALL THE BABY'S SEAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!" ;)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO:

Besides, that is a PERFECT install! It's for those special circumstances when you need to say "HEY DH - DON'T FORGET TO INSTALL THE BABY'S SEAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!" ;)

Wha? Me *trust* him to install a carseat? Are you new?

Defrost

LOL - quit distracting me from uploading!

BTW - are you as sore as I am? Who needs Curves? :D

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I medicated right when I got home. I know better by now ;)

I'll stop distracting. I'll see you tomorrow!

Oh, and reply to my emails!

Kat_Momof3

Not surprised, honestly. I had a rental sedona once and found it difficult with the scenera and some seats.

the low chest clip on the husky kind of bugs me, though I know if you were going somewhere like that, it would be moved.

Defrost

Not surprised, honestly. I had a rental sedona once and found it difficult with the scenera and some seats.

the low chest clip on the husky kind of bugs me, though I know if you were going somewhere like that, it would be moved.

Gypsy used to have a Scenera in her Sedona, actually. I don't think it was as easy as her Decathalon, but I don't recall it being too difficult. What position were you having trouble in?

And if that chest clip is bugging you, don't look too closely at the harness straps... They're set for my dd, and they're way below his shoulders. :D

Kat_Momof3

Gypsy used to have a Scenera in her Sedona, actually. I don't think it was as easy as her Decathalon, but I don't recall it being too difficult. What position were you having trouble in?

And if that chest clip is bugging you, don't look too closely at the harness straps... They're set for my dd, and they're way below his shoulders. :D

the chest clip was only bugging me because I see that problem in every car with a child I go by... seconded by totally unbelted children... I had to put my blinders on tonight... I couldn't stand to look at the cute little boy next to me, who needed a booster, lean forward, press his face against the glass, and smile at me, the car in front, and the car behind me, then turn all the way around and wave at the car behind him. It just made me ill, so I just looked away after I was sure he hadn't been buckled at all. Then I dialed the cops.... since the law is 8 and no way was he 8.

But back to the other issue.

I had problems with installing the Scenera in the 2nd row bench... with latch OR seatbelt, on the door side. (I had a MA in with either seatbelt or latch (can't remember now) on the other side.

The problem with the seatbelt was the plastic button on the belt. Since it was a rental, I just didn't feel comfortable popping it off (like I have on my dh's cobalt belts on the outboard seats to accomodate the Laptop)

With latch, even lifting the cover, I couldn'tget it to stay snug. I thnk that the problem there was how squishy the seats were, and then the space between the seat and the back... it was like a little groove almost, where the noodle couldn't fit, but you needed to take up space... a rolled towel didn't work well there, either. I couldn't add more than 1 noodle without over reclining, and while th latch was MAYBE okay at first, it would loosen with time, so I just wasn't comfortable with it.

And I don't know why it happened in the Sedona, because after that, I used it again in my Caravan, and it was rock solid easily.

I also hated driving it, but that's one reason we went with the dodge over the sedona when we were shopping.

Defrost

I had problems with installing the Scenera in the 2nd row bench... with latch OR seatbelt, on the door side. (I had a MA in with either seatbelt or latch (can't remember now) on the other side.

Ah, see, I didn't even know it came with a 2nd-row bench option. I thought it was just captain's chairs. I can see the bench being considerably different for installs!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Ah, see, I didn't even know it came with a 2nd-row bench option. I thought it was just captain's chairs. I can see the bench being considerably different for installs!

I didn't know it came with a bench in the 2nd row either. Weird.

FWIW, I've had the Scenera in every seating position in the Sedona rear and forward facing with excellent installs, but again, I have captains chairs in the 2nd row, and a bench in the 3rd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC