Need a seat suggestion

steph

Okay so my cousin called today and said her seat does indeed only go to 40lbs harnessed and 100lbs booster (she has a lovely 3 n 1).

Anyway, her DS is 5 and 41 lbs and 41 inches (she is getting me torso height tomorrow) and she needs two new seats.

She says price isn't an issue but she is on a tight budget and I know 2 Regents would be extremely hard on her (plus I don't think the Regent would be good since it is so big and she often uses it in other peoples cars - for example, we all drove out to my grandma's in my Pilot and if she had had a Regent it wouldn't have worked).

So I need some suggestions - Radian, nautilus???

TIA

ADS

scatterbunny

Nautilus is probably more reliably easy to install, and has the added benefit of converting to a booster, so that's what I'd lean toward.

steph

So now where do I tell her to find it???

Also her DS is 41 lbs and she DOES NOT want him in the booster part of the 3 n 1 - do you think it is okay for him to be harnessed in the 3 n 1 for a week until she gets the nautilus??? I know "technically" the answer is no but as a parent would you feel comfortable?

scatterbunny

No, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it at all. :( I'd tell her to use it as a booster and lock the shoulderbelt, if she can.

As for finding the Nautilus, I have no idea! I'd check Wal-Mart's site for local stores that might have it in stock.

steph

Is there another seat she could get in the meantime while she is tracking down the Nautilus??? She won't have him in the seatbelt, I just know.................Hmmm do you think he would fit in a Marathon, we may be able to get one for the time being.

scatterbunny

I wouldn't BUY a Marathon in this case, but if you already have one he can use, yes, I'd use it instead of the 3-in-1 in booster mode (or over the harnessed weight limit).

If the Nautilus can't be found, what about an Apex? As long as her vehicle has high seatbacks or headrests, that would be the cheapest option, I think.

steph

Thanks!!! - So the Apex needs a headrest right? Oh and my other cousin has 4 Marathons (she has twins) so I'm pretty sure she would lone one to our other cousin for a few weeks.

scatterbunny

Apex doesn't need a HEADREST, exactly...there just needs to be vehicle head support at least up to the tops of the child's ears at all times. So, if the vehicle has no headrests but has high seatbacks that will provide the necessary support, that's okay.

steph

So I think I'm going to see if my one cousin can loan her a MA if not I will suggest getting the Apex until she can find the Graco Nautilus. Then she can use the Apex as a back up seat (she needs 2 anyway), how does that sound?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC