PICS-Big 6yo in Radian, three across with Radian in Windstar

scatterbunny

6 years, 7 months old
50.5 inches tall
56 pounds

*Disclaimer*
She is too tall for this seat! Her shoulders are at least an inch over the top slots, the tips of her ears are way over the top of the seat shell. This is for demonstration purposes only, she will NOT ride in this seat. ;)

4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg

ADS

Yoshi

HOLY MOLY is she tall!! Wow. Do you use the radian for another child? BTW- after seeing these pics, I don't think H would have much if any room in a GN- my guess is she would be right at the top slots. What'chya feeding her? ;):p

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Jenny, I think I want one of those covers!!! Great photos. I wonder how long Karley will fit in hers she's 2.5 yrs. Lyndsey still fits and she is almost 9.5 yrs old. She's at the top slots though. In the photo she's scrunching her shoulders. I told her to smile and she did that. She doesn't sit like that normally.

Last edited:

scatterbunny

The Radian is actually a KDMF donated seat, I'm just waiting on good weather/dry roads to set up a meeting with the family, so in the meantime I'm playing with it, since I've never installed it before.

I was *hoping* she would have a smidge of room before going over the top slots, then I could justify it for the middle of my third row. In the house she is still below the top slots, but in the car she's a good inch above them.

What am I feeding her? Almost nothing, truthfully. She is the pickiest darn eater, yet she just keeps sprouting up! :rolleyes:

lovinwaves

Wow, she is tall!!! I love that cover!

Btw, her pose in the first picture reminds me of the movie "Ratatouille". The animators said they had "Remy" the mouse (main character) pose like that throughout the movie because it is considered 'cute'. :D

LuvBug

nice :thumbsup:
are you using it in recline mode? I found that helped me get a better install in my car as well.

scatterbunny

Yes, it's in recline mode. Today I didn't even try with it upright. The other day when I struggled with it I tried both upright and reclined, but for some reason it worked great today. :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yay, you got it to work! Way to go :thumbsup:

What was the trick that got it in there that you didn't do the other day?

scatterbunny

I have no earthly idea what I did differently, except maybe I didn't push BACK as hard as I normally do. I usually install a FF seat by pushing down into the seat as well as pushing BACK with my knees, but with the Radian I just pushed down, and that's all it took. *shrugs* Or maybe the other day I was just too sick and out of my mind to be doing installs. :p Oh, it's in recline mode, too (but I had it reclined the other day, too).

musicmaj

I have no earthly idea what I did differently, except maybe I didn't push BACK as hard as I normally do. I usually install a FF seat by pushing down into the seat as well as pushing BACK with my knees, but with the Radian I just pushed down, and that's all it took. *shrugs* Or maybe the other day I was just too sick and out of my mind to be doing installs. :p Oh, it's in recline mode, too (but I had it reclined the other day, too).

That seems to be the trick with the radian. That is how I get a rock solid install in my vehicles.

SillyLily

Just curious, but what is recline mode? Is that the Radian that has a recline mode, or the seat of the car? :)

SillyLily

The Radian has a recline mode for FF. Under the seat ther is a metal bar that you use to adjust it. with the RF boot on it is under the boot ;)

Ooooh. Why didn't I realize this before? I'll have to see if that helps my seats install in my car easier. Thank you.

I've only read the manual like 6 times, and yet I still haven't fully absorbed everything. :rolleyes:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Ooooh. Why didn't I realize this before? I'll have to see if that helps my seats install in my car easier. Thank you.

I've only read the manual like 6 times, and yet I still haven't fully absorbed everything. :rolleyes:

Glad you learned something new :love:. I do not recall the page number, but it is in the manual ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC