Recaro Signo Convertible

MySweetAGL

I think I'm going to get a new seat for ds, since dd needs the MA that he's in now. I don't really want him in the Scenera because it has no side impact protection and he's in the outboard position.

Is the Recaro Signo a good seat? It rear-faces to 35lbs, has a seat-shell height of 25.5", and then harnesses to 70lbs ff. And it has side-impact protection.

Thoughts?

ADS

Mama!

If you do a Search for the word Signo, you will find oodles of threads about the Signo.

It is a really good seat. We've been through gazillions of seats it seems, and it really is nice.

Infinite adjust, High top slots, SIP, nice cover, yada yada yada. I guess for us the recline FF is what sold it to us. It also keeps head slump to a minimum.

RJONES0207

Hi,
Am I reading that the Recaro Signo can be RECLINED in a forward facing position? Can someone please confirm - I am pretty sure their manual says that it must be completely upright when FF and only reclined if RF. Can the Britax Blvd be reclined FF?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The Signo must be in mechanical recline mode for RF and not in recline mode for FF, but it does have some natural recline to it even in upright mode, which is probably what the previous poster meant. The Blvd. must be in mechanical recline mode RF, and can also be in mechanical recline mode FF for kids weighing up to 33 lbs.

RJONES0207

Thanks for the reply.
So the Blvd can only recline FF up to 33lbs?
Do you think the Blvd or Recaro Signo is a better seat?

I have a 2007 Mercedes ML350 which my DS in an outboard position.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Right, the Blvd. can be in recline mode FF up to 33 lbs. only, and most kids under 33 lbs. could still RF in the Blvd. :) I have both the Signo and Blvd. and don't feel one is safer or better than the other, but the Signo will fit longer heightwise with its taller top shoulder harness position. My now 6 year old was too tall for a Blvd. (shoulders over the top shoulder harness position) at age 4, but she could technically still fit in the Signo heightwise last fall when we got one for her little sister to ERF in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC