The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
To keep the forum from being overwhelmed by multiple threads about the Britax harnessed/booster seat, all further chat on this seat should be confined to this thread. If/when it becomes overwhelmingly long, we'll lock it and start a new one.

I also want to remind everyone that much of what is posted here really is just speculation, and even "official" answers straight from the manufacturer are subject to change. It's fun to speculate about what the seat will be and to opine about the features we think the seat will have. However, until the seat actually hits shelves, we really are just guessing about its features. Rumors--even from trusted sources--can be, and often are, totally wrong.

No one knows for sure when this seat will hit shelves. It's even possible that Britax may scrap it altogether before it ever sees the light of day. No one can say for sure what vehicles it will fit in, how it will fit your child, what it will look like, how padded it will be, how comfortable it will be, how it will or won't adjust, or what kind of unexpected kinks it will still have when it is first released. We don't know how much it will cost or where it will be sold.

Please do NOT call Britax to ask them questions about this seat. Doing so serves only to irritate both you and the Customer Service Reps, because the CSRs don't know anything about it, but 100 million people keep asking them stupid questions about a product that literally doesn't even exist yet, and anything they do tell you is subject to change, which will tick you off when it's not exactly what you were told 6 months before the release.

Here's the link to the (consolidated) previous threads: Britax combo seat: The Frontier? for reference.

Let the games begin! :D

ADS

Wynters*Mom

lodonal65 - I was so happy to see the info you posted! A 5-pt. harnessed to 80 lbs converting to a latchable booster to 100 lbs is exactly what we need! If only we can hold out for that long! Thanks for posting this info!!! :)

scatterbunny

I can't wait to get a definite answer on top slot height. That will be the deciding factor for a lot of folks I think. That, and the fact that it WILL be LATCHable in booster mode. Woohoo! :)

arly1983

To Skaterbabs and Luvbug: I have learned my lesson there. The only thing I expect out of the compass trufit is that it be wide enought to seat my kids when they have an 18 inch torso. I would be thrilled if it did only that. For this seat: I just want high top slots and decent booster when harness is outgrown.

As for the latch: sounds great.

mamabear

I just read on the other thread that it's supposed to be a FF only seat that harnesses to 80lbs and has a LATCHable booster!!!
My heart just skipped a beat. :love::love::love::love:
Hopefully it will come out in time for us. I think April-june is pushing it for us as DD is at her max in the MA.
I would hate to have to buy something else when this is what I really want!!
OH what to do???

MommyBoha

and I was all set to get a GN, but if this is gonna be a LATCHable booster well then. ALthough I dont know how long I can wait, DS is 38 lbs and the harness limit on his seat is 40.(Safety 1st vantage point, backup seat)

Last edited:

ThreeBeans

Oh, my gracious, it's a dream come true! :love:

*Cancels plan for Regent, plans to buy Frontier when it comes out*

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm happy if it only goes to 65... that's what my 10 yo weighs now, and he's too tall for the Husky (I think...I should test him in it, lol). I sure love those headwings :)

ThreeBeans

So it's supposed to look like a Monarch with a harness?

Eee gads. Life could not get better. It really could not.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
For me, it would need to have taller slots than the MA and be narrower than the Regent. None of my kids have hit even 60 lb yet, so weight limit isn't really an issue.

I'm really hoping this seat is out for a couple of months before the September baby sale. Nadia's MA expires next November, and if it ends up being a good seat, I'd love to be able to buy one for her on $ALE. ;) I don't want to be a beta tester, though. BTDT with the Marathon.

scatterbunny

My 6yo is pushing 60 pounds right now, I'm positive she'll be 65 pounds before age 7, so having an 80 pound weight limit is pretty important to me. Not everyone has featherweights. ;)

ZephyrBlue

I'm hoping for higher slots than the MA- 20" would be soooo wonderful. 60-65lbs max harnessed weight would be fine for us, too. My almost 8yo is just now tipping the scales at 45lbs fully dressed, and her brother and sister are following in her footsteps, size-wise. Ooo, I hope they make one with a pink or purple cover. That's the only way I'll be able to get DD to part with her Radian.

Mama!

Well, we've about decided to get one for dh's truck so he can haul a child once in awhile. I hate the gray , but if I never have to look at it, who cares?

PixieEMT

I'm very excited to see what they have up their sleeves at Britax!

If it is a true "3-1 seat" from birth to 80lbs in a harness THEN a belt booster * AWESOME*!

A FF seat only to 80lbs (with higher harness slots) then a belt booster *Cool*

MY TWO WISHES: Longer life spans 8 years! Cool cover options! Ex: some new styles and classics like Cow, Zebra....etc.

Laurette

I'm very excited to see what they have up their sleeves at Britax!

If it is a true "3-1 seat" from birth to 80lbs in a harness THEN a belt booster * AWESOME*!

A FF seat only to 80lbs (with higher harness slots) then a belt booster *Cool*

MY TWO WISHES: Longer life spans 8 years! Cool cover options! Ex: some new styles and classics like Cow, Zebra....etc.

I dont "get" why you would want a Life span of 8 year if they expire in 6 years, KWIM? I dont think Plastics will change so that they can up the lifetime of carseats.

It just begs to be misused as an expired booster if that is the case.

Like the Nautilus, It says for 1-10. No child would be able to use any one seat that long because it would be expired by the time he is 7.

I just dont understand why the companies are claiming that parents will never have to buy another carseat.

Not trying to beat you up, I just dont understand.

scatterbunny

I dont "get" why you would want a Life span of 8 year if they expire in 6 years, KWIM? I dont think Plastics will change so that they can up the lifetime of carseats.

Because other companies have lifespans longer than 6 years. Dorel (on the 3-in-1s) say 8 years. Fisher Price (before Britax started making them) said 8 years. Seats in Australia/New Zealand are 10 years.

For seats that are marketed as "the only seat you'll need", or "birth-age 10", for seats that harness to 65/80 pounds and then convert to a booster, it only makes sense to have a longer lifespan. I just hope the companies making these seats will realize it and design them strong enough to last longer than 6 years.

ThreeBeans

I think the idea would be to improve the design, i.e. steel components, a higher grade of plastic, etc., so that the life-span could SAFELY be 8 years.

luvmy2

I am just now reading about this seat & I have to say it sounds awesome. I might get one for Zay after they are out & I read the reviews on here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC