bundle me

jessclear

I'm not sure if this is in the right section. I just wanted input about the Bundle Me's. I am in Ohio and see them everywhere. I know they are a no-no, but have a question. Are they not recommended because they are too thick in the back? They don't seem to interfere with front of the harness.
I know that after market products are a no-no in general, but I recently saw the thread about car seat coats. It looked as though the back of the "coat" was just as thick as a bundle me. It seemed to get good reviews on here, thoguh. Thoughts about the two?
Just curious. I don't really bundle up DD. I heat the car and use a blanket and a winter hat for her.

ADS

Brilliantmama

I tried a bundle me on my infant seat. (I had gotten it at a garage sale before I knew better.) I tried to get the harness tight enough with it, then removed the bundle me and the harness was way too loose. It convinced me. I now have the showercap style cover.

jessclear

They must be thicker than they look. I've never tried one, but see them all the time. I don't know why more people around here don't use the shower cap style.

elle7715

I had one and used one for DD. :eek:
I found that the biggest problem was getting the harness around her correctly. The way you're supposed to have the straps come through the side slots makes them crooked, especially if you have a small baby. The only way it wouldn't be a problem is with a 3-pt harness...and well we know how those are. Plus you would still be dealing with material between baby and carseat.

minismom

Can I get a link to the shower cap thing? I just use a blanket for now but I'd like to have another choice. And does it work in convertibles?

lovinwaves

I have two JJ Cole Bundle Mes I use.

For my strollers :p

If I lived in an extremely cold climate I would possibly consider using the Bundle Me lite. :)

shauburg

It's not just about the thickness. The Bundle Me type products interfere with the openings of the harness straps. Even the Bundle Me Lite (t-shirt like material in back) is dangerous. See this thread for a great discussion and pictures - http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=29844&page=2

I'm in Canada and it is extremely cold here (-34°C/-29°F tonight), so unfortunately most people you see do have a Bundle Me or Cuddle Bag. But a shower-cap type cover or simply piling blankets over top of the baby are much safer.

jessclear

So what makes the car seat coats safer than the bundle me is that the coats don't interfere with the straps? If the coat is thin enough and doesn't interfere with the straps, it should be a safe product?

We also think they are great for stroller use, but don't advise thier use in car seats. Most parents have a difficult enough time getting the harness adjusted correctly without adding after market products that interfere with harness placement and fit.

lovemyfamily

So what makes the car seat coats safer than the bundle me is that the coats don't interfere with the straps? If the coat is thin enough and doesn't interfere with the straps, it should be a safe product?

It is my understanding that a light fleece jacket/sweatshirt is acceptable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC