Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Noodles

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

Pool Noodles

I am thinking of the pool noodle to get a bit of a recline in DD seat. If I remember right it's suggested to use a solid one instead of the one with the hole correct? When using the pool noodle do I just cut it in half and place under the seat like when I used a towel?
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Pool Noodles

yeah like a towel. heres a pic of my noodles

as long as they dont interfere with the seatbelt or latch trap then you are good. no more than 3.
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

Perfect, even the same seat as ours! Thanks
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

CPST Instructor

If you use more then one (no more then three) make sure you tape the noodles together so the noodles don't shift.