Another scary carseat photo from Bringing Home Baby

lovemyfamily

I snapped this today, after watching a TIVOed episode. This was on the way home from the hospital. Made my stomach turn. I noticed it was a Britax seat, looks like a MA, but he only has 1 shoulder strap on and even that is loose! :eek:
47b8df07b3127cceb416e67653fc00000035118AZuGbds3Ytc

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I dunno...maybe it's just me...but if I were going to be on TV, I'd make sure my hair looked nice, I'd probably put on makeup, make sure my kid was clean. Oh, and I'd probably at least buckle my kid into his car seat properly! (Even people who don't know that the chest clip goes at the CHEST must know that you're supposed to use both shoulder straps.)

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Not to mention how hard it is to twist the strap in the HUGS of a Britax seat. And he looks really close to being too tall.

What I don't understand is why TLC isn't more interested in CPS. . . Think of how many of their shows focus families, infants and young children.
AND/OR
Didn't SKJP connect with Jon & Kate + 8 to do their seats? I'd think Evenflo, Graco or Dorel would be fighting to do some product placement with the network (not that that in and of itself would increase best practice. . .)

Last edited:

lovemyfamily

It just amazes me that these people, this was a same sex couple, do not even read the manual for the seat. Can they honestly sit there and think, well it has 2 straps, but we only really need 1? :confused: The first shot of him, I thought he was too tall, but he looks like he is getting there, I think he was 3 or 4.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
why go out and buy such an expensive seat if you're not even going to secure it? Seriously. What the heck do these parents think? That a big fluffy cloud of hopes and dreams will instantly protect their kids when they crash their car. That baby doesn't deserve that. He doesn't know any better. Then you have these moms all freaking out in the ER after a horrible crash because *gasp* they "just didn't know" that you were supposed to buckle their kids harness! :doh:

amyg530

yet again another picture that proves thats buying a britax does not automatically make your kid safe

mamabear

OMG Lori!!!
I'm picturing you freaking out at your TV:jaw:. press pause. take picture...

OMG

omg

but I'm sorry to say I know people IRL who are almost this bad

It just amazes me that these people, this was a same sex couple, do not even read the manual for the seat. .

sorry, but this statement bugs me. what does them being gay have to do with it? "these" people? I dont want to "rock the boat" but I hope you didnt mean it the way I took it. I'm sure you didnt mean it that way, but I would be careful as that is very offensive the way it is written :twocents:

and yes, that's just horrible misuse! :eek: why even bother with a seat at all????

lovemyfamily

sorry, but this statement bugs me. what does them being gay have to do with it? "these" people? I dont want to "rock the boat" but I hope you didnt mean it the way I took it. I'm sure you didnt mean it that way, but I would be careful as that is very offensive the way it is written :twocents:

and yes, that's just horrible misuse! :eek: why even bother with a seat at all????

By "these people" I was referring to the parents in this particular show, as well as the parents of the other child I posted a picture of the other day from the same show. "These people," are the collective parents who do not use their carseats properly. The comment was not meant to reference same sex parenting in general, sorry it was taken that way.
I was more referencing the couple being same sex, because I know there are several other ladies who watch this show, that might have caught this episode and recalled which one it was, based on the fact that they were a same sex couple. No other reason.

Last edited:

tl01

It looks as though it took effort to make the harness fit that poorly. I can't understand how the production crew can just ignore issues like that. Someone on the crew must have a kid and knoww how to use a seat.

By "these people" I was referring to the parents in this particular show, as well as the parents of the other child I posted a picture of the other day from the same show. These people are the collective parents who do not use their carseats properly. The comment was not meant to reference same sex parenting in general, sorry it was taken that way.
I more referencing the couple being same sex, because I know there are several other ladies who watch this show, that might have caught this episode and recalled which one it was, based on the fact that they were a same sex couple. No other reason.

thanks for clarifing. i'm glad you didnt mean it the way i read it. the way things are worded can sometimes be tricky.

daycaremom2002

I saw this episode also. In the first shot of the son, he wasn't buckled in at all. The mom in the back had the shoulder belt under her arm IIRC too. I really can't imagine why TLC wouldn't want to take the 1/2 hour for each of these families to make sure they are showing the general public a good example.

elle7715

why go out and buy such an expensive seat if you're not even going to secure it? Seriously. What the heck do these parents think? That a big fluffy cloud of hopes and dreams will instantly protect their kids when they crash their car. That baby doesn't deserve that. He doesn't know any better. Then you have these moms all freaking out in the ER after a horrible crash because *gasp* they "just didn't know" that you were supposed to buckle their kids harness! :doh:

I'm sitting here and nodding , DH thinks I'm crazy! But this is SO true!

JessicaS

The fact that they're a same-sex couple is still relevant, though. Think of everything they had to go to just to get children! A heck of a lot more than DH and I went through, that's for sure. ;) They go through all that crap and they don't want to make sure their precious cargo is secured properly??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC