Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Installing the Evenflo Triumph Advance

I purchased the ETA for my 4 1/2 year old and LOVE it! I'm now considering getting one for my 19month old, rear facer. However, I tried to install the one I have, rear facing, and ran into problems. I got a really nice, tight install, however the knobs are constricted. I cannot reach the release lever to loosen the harness straps. Is there any way I can fix this problem? For what it's worth, it's installed in a captain's seat, in a 1997 Chrysler Town and Country.
    I did make sure that the seat is in the "rear facing" only mode, so that's not the issue. Please help, as I really want this seat to work for both boys!! (I am currently using the Safety 1st Uptown and although I like it, I now prefer the Evenflo)
    Thanks so much!!!
    Christine

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Installing the Evenflo Triumph Advance

There's not much you can do - its pretty annoying. I have an older model Triumph and had the same problem RFing. I relied on the memory harness feature (which the new ones don't have) to make getting my kid in and out easier. Maybe others who actually have the seat have some suggestions?

I'm not a tech, so let's hope one comes along soon and checks my answer - but I would think this:
    uninstall it , and try to install it again, but instead of pushing as hard as you possible can back on the seat, push as hard as you can down, into the vehicle's seat bottom. Does that make sense? Do you can relieve how far the knobs are getting buried into the seat back and instead get it tight by compressing the Triumph down into the vehicle seating area. Push down, not back.

CPS Fanatic

Also not a tech, but I'd try the above with maybe having the vehicle seat back reclined a bit more to see if that makes a difference.
    ~Laura™ mom to Seamus (6) in a Regent and Mickey (4) in a ff Myride. Due 6/26/11 with Abigail Tucker, patiently awaiting the install of her Myride.