New dilemma - what to buy??? sorry so long

melniemi

I just boxed up and sent my keyfit packing. For the time being dd1 is in my old graco cargo and dd2 is in the marathon rfing.

As I was installing the seats, I was complaining to myself about the flimsy feel of the graco and lack of padding, but figured it'd work for the moment. I thought I'd have more time with the keyfit but the buyer needed it.

We went to swimming lessons tonight and dd1 was saying how comfy her new seat was - the cargo. I didn't ask anything - she just said. I asked her what was comfy about it and she said it doesn't squish her privates:whistle: I asked if her cow seat did and she said yes that it is too tight. The crotch strap on the cargo is much longer than the ma, but she is tight in both seats.

I had it all figured out. I was going to buy another marathon for baby and let her rf as long as possible. She may not be able to do that in my current ma before it expires.

So now what??
Try a true fit?? Says it has an adjustable crotch strap? Then baby could use it as a rf seat if needed when the ma expires.

Buy a regent - I couldn't get a good install sbp in her seat with my husky. The buckle is too rigid and forward of the bight. I tried and tried and tried. It does work in the 3rd row though so I could potentially move her when she meets the latch limits. I prefer the girls in the 2nd row and the boys in the back, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Keep her in the cargo until this new mystery britax seat or two appear. It doesn't expire until 12/09 but has no eps foam or anything and seems so flimsy and hard. But she does like it:rolleyes:

I really do appreciate your input even though I am sure you are sick of me trying to ponder through all this. Thanks:D

ADS

arly1983

Can you put her Cargo in the middle of the 3rd row top tethered? Would that make you feel better about it?

I certainly wouldn't buy another marathon.

melniemi

I can't because I have a husky and a turbo in the third row. I only want to use the cargo temporarily until I can get something better. I just don't know what to get:confused: I

'm wondering if I loosened her marathon harness a tad, if it would be better. She has just over 2 inches of growing room in it and I really like it:rolleyes: It was so tight I could barely buckle it but she didn't complain so I didn't loosen it.

She is latched and top tethered in a captain's chair so I know it is secure. After having her in her marathon it just feels so cheap!

TerisBoys

Have you seen the Nautilus?

I loved my Britax seats - but it's every bit as sturdy as one. And it installed rock solid in my van ALMOST as quickly as my Marathon did.

melniemi

I've read all the reviews and saw the box at walmart - does that count? I'm not sure why it isn't appealing to me, maybe if it gets a new cute cover or something. Next time I go to walmart, I'll check for a display - or create my own. I recommend it to everyone else but am hesitant to go there myself.
Maybe I'm just a britax snob:eek:

arly1983

I look at it this way....She is potty trained, right? So its still tight there. She is only going to get bigger from here on out.

At this point I feel like another MA is well......superfluous. (However, I am not you, and what is a waste to one person is not to another)

Howabout you wait for a the Compass TruFit and when the MA expires, Baby RFs in the Trufit and DD1 gets a combo seat (maybe the new britax one). I think that is what I would do.

melniemi

Yes she's been potty trained for a year and a half. Are you still getting the true fit? Your reviews are always the best:love: I wish they had a true release date already. It does seem promising, but we know how that can be. Otherwise, yeah, that makes sense, true fit to combo for dd1, ma to truefit for dd2.

NVMBR02

How about you wait for a the Compass TruFit and when the MA expires, Baby RFs in the Trufit and DD1 gets a combo seat (maybe the new britax one). I think that is what I would do.

I think this sounds like a great idea! I think you mentioned your dd wanted a pink flowery seat, so the Monet True Fit would fit that at least (if it turns out as good as everyone hopes it to be :))

NVMBR02

It looks short to me too, esp. the picture with the little girl in it. Maybe though it positions enough away from the body (position and shape of the seat) and there is more room then it looks like in the pictures.

steph

Have you tried her in the MA with the strap a little looser?

The truefit looks promising but I know how you feel about liking Britax. While there may be other seats that are good I still prefer Britax over others.

How about the Radian?

Kat_Momof3

That little girl looks about 2-3yrs old.
That crotch strap looks short.

And the pic of the baby... the straps are loose... what is with that?

I love the Nautilus... figure I an buy a cuter cover when they come out with them if I really want it that badly.

The Regent would offer the MOST crotch room, though, of course.

There's also the Radian (you can get a longer crotch strap for it)

and the Evenflo TA has a great one, too.

Honestly, looking at the Compass, I think I would be hard pressed to recommnd it till I see some real life pics to see about the crotch strap. The Evenflo looks better.

melniemi

The radian didn't work for us - btdt.

EFTA - hmmm...maybe, I'll look into it.

What about trying to find a pre-install change regent?

I didn't try the straps a little looser because she never told me it hurt until yesterday when she said the other seat was comfier:rolleyes:

I do like britax and the fact that they are made in the USA!

arly1983

Evenflo is Made in the USA.

I kinda ignored that Trufit pic because it kinda looks like there is still extra padding in the seat. However, it is a possibility that the crotch strap is too short. For some reason that seems to be a common mistake of manufactors.

The EFTA would be an excellant compromise and would be a great RFing seat for your youngest DD.

Kat_Momof3

Did you compare it to the other truefit pics?
the extra padding was all removed for the ff child.... it was used for the baby and shown in the pic of just the seat

arly1983

Did you compare it to the other truefit pics?
the extra padding was all removed for the ff child.... it was used for the baby and shown in the pic of just the seat

Yes, but you can still see some of the optional padding is still in there. It is the darker brown part under the legs of the child and coming around the shoulder.. :eek:

melniemi

It looks to me like the dark brown is part of the actual cover and the white part is the extra padding.

I *think* I've decided to buy her a regent. I just may go against manufacturer install recs. Or if she doesn't hit 48#s before the marathon exires, I can move her into something else and put baby in the regent, latched, provided she gains some weight in the next 2.5 years! At the rate she is going, she'll only be 30#s at 4! Who knows? I know I can get a good sbp install in the 3rd row and I can always put her back there if needed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC