Pretend you are...

lovinwaves

against extended rear-facing(some of you may be already :p). You think that parents that rear face their children till their toddler years is a child abuser. You think it is cruel and unusual. You think parents force their kids into these scrunched up positions, and the kids are very unhappy.

If you could ask a 3 or 4 year old questions about riding rear-facing, what would you ask them?

I am going to be making a video of me asking my almost 4 year old questions about her experience riding rear-facing.

ADS

mcomommy

Do you get board facing backwards?

Are you uncomfortable?

What do you think about kids who don't sit like you?

LuvBug

questions I would ask the child(but in a way she could understand)

do you like watching the things go backwards?
does it make you carsick?
don't you want to see everything first, not last?
can you even see out of the car?

So cute you want to make this!!!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Don't your legs hurt?

Aren't you too big to sit like that?

Don't you want to see everything out the front?

Don't you hate your mommy for making you sit like that? (totally joking with this one btw ;))

lovinwaves

don't you want to see everything first, not last?

Hehe this reminds me. She doesn't have a clue where she is when ff'ing. Rear-facing she talks up a storm about where we are, and where we are going. I recently put her in my van ff'ing and when we go to familiar FUN places she usually gets excited and talks alot, but now that she is ff'ing she doesn't say a word.

My question to her is:

Does it scare you watching mommy drive ff'ing?

This is because when she is ff'ing she is constantly telling me to slow down!

elle7715

Why is it safer?
Do your friends ride backwards too?
Do you ever want to ride forward facing?

Cute idea BTW :)

ETA: So she's now forward facing? Then I would ask
Which way do you like better?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Hehe this reminds me. She doesn't have a clue where she is when ff'ing. Rear-facing she talks up a storm about where we are, and where we are going. I recently put her in my van ff'ing and when we go to familiar FUN places she usually gets excited and talks alot, but now that she is ff'ing she doesn't say a word.

My question to her is:

Does it scare you watching mommy drive ff'ing?

This is because when she is ff'ing she is constantly telling me to slow down!

Sorry to go OT, but I just put my 2.5 yo FF and it is so annoying! "watch out for that car mommy!" "woah car going too fast!" "mommy light is greeeeeeeeen!!!"

lovinwaves

ETA: So she's now forward facing? Then I would ask
Which way do you like better?

Eh, she has been ff'ing here and there since this past Summer. I just have her in there ff'ing right now because we had some passengers, so it was just easier to install this way.

Honestly? I'm not sure that I care either way. I feel that she is "safer" rear-facing, but I also obviously have no problems with her ff'ing. What I *DO* have a problem with is comments from strangers made to me like in my OP. THAT bothers me :mad:

Oh yes, just call me the child abuser. Oh, and yes she hates rear-facing, and screams and cries, and shouts. Oh yes, she is scrunched and sooo uncomfortable. Yeah, whatever :rolleyes:

Now if you ask HER, she is will say rear-facing..er...backwards.

lovinwaves

Sorry to go OT, but I just put my 2.5 yo FF and it is so annoying! "watch out for that car mommy!" "woah car going too fast!" "mommy light is greeeeeeeeen!!!"

YES! And talk about distraction!

I do notice when my kid are rear-facing I do pay more attention to the road. When they are ff'ing dang I can't help but look at their precious little faces in my rearview mirror :D "stop it Melissa, pay attention to the road, quit looking at them!"

skipspin

Honestly? I'm not sure that I care either way. I feel that she is "safer" rear-facing, but I also obviously have no problems with her ff'ing. What I *DO* have a problem with is comments from strangers made to me like in my OP. THAT bothers me :mad:

What OP? I must hav emissed something because I can't find anything...

lovinwaves

What OP? I must hav emissed something because I can't find anything...

Ack sorry my sentence may not have made sense. But the comments I put in my original post ^^ up top there. LOL!

These:
You think that parents that rear face their children till their toddler years is a child abuser. You think it is cruel and unusual. You think parents force their kids into these scrunched up positions, and the kids are very unhappy.

skipspin

Ah, and here I was thinking that there was some juicy post about a stranger having at your for having your DD RFing. LOL.

Hmmmmm, sounds like a good story- doesn't it?

My DD was very vocal at 2.5 when she was too old to RF, and asked to sit backwards till she was 3.5. She will still climb into DS's RFing WZ and ask to ride in it sometimes.

Synchro246

OK, funny because my kid is all "crash into that one mommy", "hit that truck", "I wanna bump cars." "push it, push it"(when we are at a red light) :rolleyes:

kiramay

Do you like facing backwards?
Does it make your tummy hurt or your legs hurt?
Why do you think your mommy [or daddy] has you face backwards?
Would you want to switch forward? [Why or why not?]
Do your friend face forward or backwards? (To see if they even notice.) If they know friend face forward, then I'd ask... Do your friends ever talk/ask/tease about your seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC