Got our Signo

jacksmon05

:( And Jack HATES it!!!!! Now what maybe the blvd? He loves his GN and would not get out of it. As soon as I buckeled him in he said "I no like" "out mommy out". Now what do I do? There aren't anymore GN's around. SHould I try the BLVD? ARGH!!!!!! I thought I had it all figured out:eek:

Cristina

ADS

melniemi

If he loves his GN, I would try to find another. I wouldn't think it would be too long before they are restocked. Maybe the headwings on the signo bother him and if that is true, the blvd might too.

Can you do without another seat until you find another GN? Or do you need one now?

Good luck.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You could try out a Blvd. at BRU and see what he thinks? I do agree it's likely the Blvd. will bother him if the Signo's wings provoke a negative reaction. My younger DD2 rides in both with no complaints. However, with the exception of a Graco Safe Seat 1 and Marathon we used for a few months, respectively, DD2 is used to riding in seats with headwings from birth, starting with a Baby Trend Latch Loc. My older DD1 technically still fits in the Signo although shoulder room is tight, and she strongly protested the Signo's headwings, having never used a harnessed seat with headwings before.

jacksmon05

My son went from his peg perego infant seat to his Marathon but they don't have the wings. He likes the GN and they have wings but not as big as the Signo. Our BRU doesn't carry the BV:( I guess I can order it and see
Cristina

Morganthe

I'd say give him at least a week to get used to the idea before doing anything. He might actually settle down and like it... especially if you take him to places he likes in it. Positive association. :whistle:

It takes 30 days to create a deliberate habit in adults. How long for kids? :shrug-shoulders:

arly1983

I'd say give him at least a week to get used to the idea before doing anything. He might actually settle down and like it... especially if you take him to places he likes in it. Positive association. :whistle:

It takes 30 days to create a deliberate habit in adults. How long for kids? :shrug-shoulders:

I am not sure if she can return it in 30 days to get her money back and take my word for it, there is not a whole lot of market for a used signo even on here unless you mark down the price alot.

He is a fairly older child who I think can give you a pretty good idea of what he will tolerate. I would try again one more time. If the reaction is the same I would send it back unless you like enough and it fits your needs in a way that no other seat would and try it for a month or so. If not, I might would try a BV as the shell is not as deep so it might not feel as confining to him. I would try to find it in stock to try or order it from elitecarseats.com with return insurance. However, if I like the Graco Nautilus and it fit our needs well, then I would wait for walmart.com to have them back in stock and order one site to store. Shipping back carseats is nooooo fun (but returning to elitecarseats is at least hassle free).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
If he loves the GN, just get him another...I'm not sure where you are, but even if they are all out in your area, I think they will likely have more soon, or maybe you could even order one from somewhere? I'm sure there are peole on here who'd go get one and ship one to you.....??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC