*Offical* Nautilus Sighting Thread for Canada

ADS

LindaBC

Have we had a definite date from Graco on when the seat should be in Canada?

I'm desperate for a new seat for dd and can only safely hold off for another month or so.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Have we had a definite date from Graco on when the seat should be in Canada?

I'm desperate for a new seat for dd and can only safely hold off for another month or so.

Graco told me the end of the month and that was at the beginning of Jan. Hopefully it will show up soon.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
There was another mom who spoke with a Canadian Graco rep that said she had heard NOTHING about the Nautilus coming! Let's home that Graco rep is just uninformed!

horseymom

Called Wal-mart about the Natuilis

She said (and she was a good person to talk to) there was nothing like that comming in. If I could get her a number for the seat she could see if any Wal-mart in Canada was getting it and if it would be here (Lethbridge) and she could hold one for me. I'm really beginning to wonder about this seat and if it really is comming to Canada:rolleyes:

anyone know what "number" it might be that she needs?

i&j's mom

Re: Called Wal-mart about the Natuilis

I spoke with Graco today. The girl informed me that she has no information about the nautilus coming to Canada. When I asked why they do not have the bigger carseats here, I was given the lecture that car seats from the States can be confiscated, and I could be fined if I used one from there.

I e-mailed tranpsort Canada to see if they knew about the Britax frontier and was told to call Britax. I did and was given the US number and it will be available April in the States, but she did not know about Canada.

I am finding it really frustrating to get information on when certain car seats will be available here. If you find out when the nautilus is coming please let me know!!!

Thanks

Jewels

Senior Community Member

It took awhile for me to get a email from Graco but they told me:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail your inquiry. After some research I found that there will be indeed a Graco Nautilus in Canada. It will most probably be available in WalMart by the end of the month. I hope this answers your question..

I have sent Graco another email a couple of days ago and am waiting to hear back from them asking if it is still expected to arrive here and when. Often Customer service reps are the last to find anything out. It seems to me that this was also the case when the GN hit the shelves in the US yet the Graco CS reps didn't even have a clue there was a new seat out.

horseymom

It took awhile for me to get a email from Graco but they told me:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail your inquiry. After some research I found that there will be indeed a Graco Nautilus in Canada. It will most probably be available in WalMart by the end of the month. I hope this answers your question..

I have sent Graco another email a couple of days ago and am waiting to hear back from them asking if it is still expected to arrive here and when. Often Customer service reps are the last to find anything out. It seems to me that this was also the case when the GN hit the shelves in the US yet the Graco CS reps didn't even have a clue there was a new seat out.

I can't wait to hear what this next email from them says. I emailed them back when it came out into the US and never heard back from them!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I would call Elfe, the Canadian distributor of Graco products, and see what they know for the Nautilus.

As for the Frontier, I gleaned out as much as my Britax source able to give. It's a 'top-secret' seat since I think Britax does not want the competition get a hold of info prematurely. But as far as I'm concern, if it's ff to 65 lbs in Canada/80 lbs in US and booster thereafter, narrower than the Husky, high top harness slots than the MA/RN/Apex, then there would be NO competition :) :love: :whistle:

horseymom

I would call Elfe, the Canadian distributor of Graco products, and see what they know for the Nautilus.

As for the Frontier, I gleaned out as much as my Britax source able to give. It's a 'top-secret' seat since I think Britax does not want the competition get a hold of info prematurely. But as far as I'm concern, if it's ff to 65 lbs in Canada/80 lbs in US and booster thereafter, narrower than the Husky, high top harness slots than the MA/RN/Apex, then there would be NO competition :) :love: :whistle:

where would i find there number? I'll call tomorrow!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Sorry, I had thought when people said they call Graco it meant Graco USA. Didn't occur to me that there would be a Graco Canada number. (ie. you know like Evenflo w/ no Canadian number)

Oh well, back to square one and waiting to see if the Nautilus would make it up here or not, I guess.

Jewels

Senior Community Member

Sorry, I had thought when people said they call Graco it meant Graco USA. Didn't occur to me that there would be a Graco Canada number. (ie. you know like Evenflo w/ no Canadian number)

That could be. I know when I call I call the Canadian Graco and when I googled Graco Canada and Elfe I got the same number for both . . . that's the only reason I figured it out. Also when I emailed, I emailed the Canadian site.

santecno

I think it will be a while before it comes. Different Graco reps have been saying conflicting info. Maybe by the end of Feb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC