*Offical* Nautilus Sighting Thread for Canada

Airforcemomma

Re: Graco Nautilus at Toys R Us Canada

It's not available online through TRU in the states yet. She had said she went to the store and saw it and was going back to buy it today. I emailed her to confirm that it was in fact the Naughty and that she didn't have it confused with another seat.

I'm still waiting for TRU corporate to call me back. My local store couldn't find it in the computer, but I don't have SKN# to give her either. She said it would likely be going to the larger TRU stores first. Mine, unfortunately isn't one of the larger ones.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Calgary Sunridge does not have it or know about it and I double checked with all the pattern names as well since they frequently list their seat names as patterns. :D

Double check with your friend which store and that it is a Nautilus. :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Well, I'm not sure what your friend bought, but Windsor is telling me that they do NOT carry the Nautilus.

She had also just spoken to someone else 15 minutes ago... which one of you called? :D

ETA: She did say that new catalogues come out in about a month and she would know better then what products they'd be carrying. Ummm, yeah... we all will when the catalogue comes out. :rolleyes:

Can your friend take pics of the seat for us? I'm super curious to find out which one knows what they are talking about. ;)

Airforcemomma

I'm real curious too. I'm the guilty party that called the Windsor TRU. I emailed her back and asked her to double check that it was in fact the Nautilus. Told her I called the store and they told me they didn't have it. BUMMER>

The call I get from Corporate will answer this. Hopefully they call soon.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I merged the 2 threads to keep the info together and any posts that were duplicates I deleted. :thumbsup:

For location of spotting & speculation on arrival time etc., if we can keep it in this thread that would be great.

Of course when anyone gets it, starting a new thread is 100% fine if you want to share pictures or ask questions etc. :thumbsup:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I am excited to see this seat in Canada but somehow I am confused about TRU?????????:confused:

It looks like it may be a case of mistaken identity. The store that supposedly sold the seat claims they do NOT have them.

Until we see pictures as proof this was bought here in Canada, my money is on a case of mistaken identity. :(

santecno

I just got back from the Windsor TRU and there is no Nautilus at all. They do have an Apex so the person *may* have been confused with that.

tiger926

I just got back from the Windsor TRU and there is no Nautilus at all. They do have an Apex so the person *may* have been confused with that.

Yup, I wasted a trip there with my baby, and there is no Nautilus either :thumbsdown:

I'm not sure what the person saw, as there isn't even a Graco Comfort Sport in stock, so perhaps got confused with the Evenflo Advance or Apex? Not sure how though since all seats are tagged with manufacturer and model number.

Very disappointing trip since it's a mini blizzard over here, and since I wanted to make sure for myself, I decided to check, but just as I suspected, it was too good to be true.

Tiger

Airforcemomma

Well, I don't know what to think. I never got a call back from TRU corporate today . The CSR was supposed to talk to the buyers and call me back about the seat.

I asked my girlfriend if she was 100% sure that was the seat she saw and not the Apex, her reply was....."HMMMMM,maybe it was the Apex, I was just so excited to see that they had a seat that would go to 65lbs, I never really looked that close and just assumed it was the Graco Nautilus" GRRRRRR!!!!

I was hoping that someone else would have heard that it was finally here too to substaniate her claim, however, so far it seems the Nautilus is still not here.

I will hold back my excitement next time someone tells me something until I have absolutely confirmed without a doubt.

sorry ladies......didn't mean to get everyone's hopes up, Mine included.

We'll see what TRU corporate says when they call me back.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
TRU corporate returned my call this morning. The CSR said that according to the buyers they will not be carrying this item. :thumbsdown:

Hmmm, I really think that the seat is not certified yet, so not on the horizon for retailers to sell or not. And I find it hard to believe that TRU would not carry a Graco carseat when it does with the other Graco seats.

April

I sent an email to Graco Canada on Feb 4th and got two emails back from two different CSR's and they both said this seat WAS NOT coming to Canada. Booooooo!!!!!

What if we start a petition to get this seat in Canada? It seems kind of silly, but maybe if they knew how many people wanted this seat, they might speed up the process, kwim? I'm on a bunch of different car seat boards that I could sign people up from!

i&j's mom

Hi Susan,

The Nautilus is not yet available in Canada. I can't say with a 100%
certainty that it will ever be at this time.

Keisha Loftman
Sales Assistant

Elfe Juvenile Products
5171 Thimens Boulevard
St. Laurent,QC
H4R 3C6

514-344-3533 ext 3006

THought everyone might be interested in Gracos reply. I am not holding my breath that this seat will be in Canada. The Britax is coming it is just a matter of when. Any time between May to August.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC